Advice on Tank Decals

Rob D
This post is 4900 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi! I'm a newcomer to this site and am wondering if anyone can help.

I'm helping a mate restore a Dragstar XVS125 and the tank needs a dent pulling out and then respraying. Does anyone know where we can get original tank decals from? If so, your help will be greatly appreciated

Cheers,

Rob D.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Does anyone know where we can get original tank decals from?

Rob D.

There's a fella that comes once a year and he's pritty good at getting what ya want.

He's called,,,

Santa.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry mate, i had ta do it !

I have no clue where to get Classic stuff from, some of the lads will sort ya out in a wee while.

Welcome to the YOC B)

normally the sprayers will do that for you!

should be able to get decals from yamaha.

We've no idea where you live so there's no point in recommending any local suppliers!

Thanks Drewpy!

My mate can do the spraying, but it's just the decals that are causing the problems. I live in the Manchester area but with the wonderful world of t'interweb location isn't really a problem. I'll re-check the Yamaha web-site again too.

Cheers,

Rob D.

http://www.yamahascooterspares.co.uk/spares/epc2.asp?ModelID=9737&pageID=24

There ya go mate, scroll down to "Graphic set" and the "emblem". Have fun with your heard attack when u see the price!

And welcome to YOC.

Chris

Thanks for that Chris. Blimey! You weren't kidding about the heart attack! 215 quid. :o

They've got to be having a laugh.

Looks like a dinky paintbrush and a steady hand are gonna be needed. :icon_wink:

that narrows it down, If you still have your graphincs legible on the tank sunrise graphicscan do you a set, they are based at St Anns nr Blackpool.

or if you want to chance it, take the tank to a vinyl sign place and have them do it. be careful as you need the UV stable stuff.

Excellent! Thanks Drewpy. That'll be useful for some other guys I know that do restorations.

What a brilliant forum this is. Such quick and helpful responses. :D

Cheers again,

Rob D.

That's a bargain! I'll get my mate on to it straight away. Much easier than faffing about spraying it etc.

Cheers Chris!

This forum just gets better and better.

2Wheels. Your suggestion was helpful, but my mate hasn't got the patience to wait for the sound of tiny hooves on his roof. :)

Rob D.

2Wheels. Your suggestion was helpful, but my mate hasn't got the patience to wait for the sound of tiny hooves on his roof. :)

Rob D.

:thumb: :thumb:

:) :) Patience is a virtue.

Oh hang on, the one I linked you has a big ding in the top (where the white thing is)

Not sure if that will hinder you/if it can be pulled.

Chris

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online