Drum Brake Actuating Lever Rod Securing Bolt -- Doh

gazampa
This post is 4897 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi There,

I had a back wheel off for maintenance and when putting it back on found im missing the bolt that the brake rod goes through securing it to the actuating lever.

I uploaded a picture, its not numbered but its that cylindrical bolt with the hole in it between the digits 27 & 28.

Any Ideas on where to get a proper replacement, I figure on going to a hardware store and browsing for something that will fit.

The Bikes a 1978 Yam XS400.

With Thanks,

2qbae87.gif

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Its not a bolt is it? looks more like a common or garden 'wotsit' to me AKA Clevis pin.

EDIT, get the part number from the parts manual (see workshop sticky) then you will have something to google with. ;) ...probably common to other bikes too such as RD's

I think the part you require is part #90249-12008-00 described as a "pin" which is listed under the stand-footrest-brake pedal section. I would think you should still be able to order one from your local Yamaha dealer. Tony

I think the part you require is part #90249-12008-00 described as a "pin" which is listed under the stand-footrest-brake pedal section. I would think you should still be able to order one from your local Yamaha dealer. Tony

Common as muck, thats the same part number as my DT175MX, I bet its the same for dozens of models

:huh: , I must be missing something here, I dont see anything un-numbered on that drawing in the vicinity of 27 and 28 ? :blink:

Ok I see it now (must get to specsavers) :blink: its on the 'off-side' of the bike, I think what you might have seen in the DIY shops Gazampa is this http://www.screwfix.com/prods/77320/Fixings/Furniture-Fixings/Cross-Dowel-M6-x-14mm-Pack-of-50

it looks similair, like OG said its a 'clevis pin' this should be a generic part, I wouldn't do the DIY thang

HTH

Ok I see it now (must get to specsavers) :blink: its on the 'off-side' of the bike, I think what you might have seen in the DIY shops Gazampa is this http://www.screwfix.com/prods/77320/Fixings/Furniture-Fixings/Cross-Dowel-M6-x-14mm-Pack-of-50

it looks similair, like OG said its a 'clevis pin' this should be a generic part, I wouldn't do the DIY thang

HTH

Sea, Tuiguim. Is iomi shli much a mharu, seachas a machadh le t-im ach B'fhearr liom an phairt o OEM. Beadh sin a bfhad nios fearr.

Thanks for the part number, thats what I really need, hopefully can reorder it.

Thanks for the part number, thats what I really need, hopefully can reorder it.

Thanks Tony, appreciate it. Ordered off the internet and part arrived yesterday and fits into place perfectly. Cost $1.40 .It was described as a 'Pin, Special Shape'.

And the part was listed in the 'Stand - Footrest - Brake Pedal' Schematic, # 42, in the 'Control and Brake' Category, I had been looking at and listed earlier in the post was in the 'Wheels - Tires - Final Drive' category as the 'Rear Wheel' Diagram.

http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorcycles/yamaha-motorcycle-xs400-2e-1978/o/m8253#sch214797

Thanks Again,

Gazampa