DT175 Engine Remount Problems

JW896
This post is 4901 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have completed rebuilding the engine on a '74 DT175 and now I am trying to slip the engine back into the frame. I was able to get the top rear mount to align, but when I insert the mounting bolt, the front and lower rear engine mounts are too high and I can't seem to get the engine to budge. I took the top rear bold out and I can get a bit closer with the lower rear mount and front top mount, but it still need to shift down in front and back abotu 3/4 of an inch. I can't see any where where it is bound up. Is there a trick or technique I should be using? Thanks JW896

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

did you take it out of the frame?

doesnt make sense does it :unsure:

The mounts on the frame are fixed arent they...not bolt on brackets?

I did pull the engine from the frame and rebuilt it. I slipped the engine into the frame from the right side, but it won't seem to drop low enough and slide back far enough to place the mounting bolts thru the frame to secure the engine...

I did pull the engine from the frame and rebuilt it. I slipped the engine into the frame from the right side, but it won't seem to drop low enough and slide back far enough to place the mounting bolts thru the frame to secure the engine...

Correct the mounts on the frame are fixed. I am scratching my head. It came out pretty easily...

Aahh there must be a knack to it, I'm sure you'll get it in the end. Try lifting the front a little as you slide the whole thing back.

Another straw clutched at :D

I'll clutch at a few straws aswell Paul,,,,i think your on the right track,,,,,it could be the frame that has flexed a wee bit without the wait of the engine !

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online