yb100 again =P

webi
This post is 4863 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Right i have opened my points a bit and my acceleration has got tons better in 2nd gear when i hit 30mph it feels like my bike accelerated quick a bit like a powerband but i dont like it because i think i should of changed gear before wonder if anyone who has had a yb100 could tell me what speed they change gear at and what speed they could get another problem is if i go into 4th it loses all momentum the engine note changes and i slow right down say i change into 4th at 45mph it will go down to 40mph and sort of stay there.

all help appreciated hopefully this is my last topic about my bike :P

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Right i have opened my points a bit and my acceleration has got tons better in 2nd gear when i hit 30mph it feels like my bike accelerated quick a bit like a powerband but i dont like it because i think i should of changed gear before wonder if anyone who has had a yb100 could tell me what speed they change gear at and what speed they could get another problem is if i go into 4th it loses all momentum the engine note changes and i slow right down say i change into 4th at 45mph it will go down to 40mph and sort of stay there.

all help appreciated hopefully this is my last topic about my bike :P

anyone have any ideas?

you really need to get the timing done right. opening up the points "a bit" is not accurate enough!

you really need to get the timing done right. opening up the points "a bit" is not accurate enough!

yer i think the points is the only timing on the bike so will do that tomorrow with a feeler gauge thanks drewpy

• 1 month later...

i just bought one of these yesterday a 1976 model i noticed something simular mate. i hit 50 and it seemed to slow down to about 40-45mph it should do a good 65 by my reconing. but im just learning the bike at the moment so i could be doing something wrong, my last bike was an rxs and it did this but with an engine rattle, turned out it was the woodruff key

well i took the baffle out the exhaust and now\ i have alot more power

• 2 weeks later...

yer i think the points is the only timing on the bike so will do that tomorrow with a feeler gauge thanks drewpy

with feeler gauges !!! you must really want to put a hole in the piston !!! the only accurate way of setting the timing is to set the motor at 1.8mm btdc and have the points break at that ... simply gaping the points at 12 thou at tdc will not work. in the 70's I was so glad of this advice to owners it made me loadsa cash through incorrect ignition timing, replacing pistons etc