MY BLOODY BIKE!!!

christofeser
This post is 4921 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

ok that sounds like the starter solenoid. ok that wire that comes from the starter motor with the rubber thingy over it goes to the starter solenoid which then connects to the positive on the battery, it will look like a black box with 2 30amp fuses on it, and connects direct to the battery. bypass it by putting something metal on each of the 2 big wire's and linking them together (this will then make the starter moter turn) if the bike starts up then its the solenoid ....and guess what! iv got one of them anall lol

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well, I tried it with a nearly dead battery and instead of clicking it kind of moved the starter a tiny wheeny bit before.. nothing. So the battery is on charge again and hopefully will start when i try....

Anyway I'm popping it into the garage this afternoon, I can't be fucked anymore. It's up for sale as soon as its working again.

ah fair play m8 was gonna say if you have a full battery and it just does 1 click and nothing, then its the starter relay, but always best to have a full battery for these things! but as iv said it could only be 1 of 3 things, the battery, starter motor, or relay. there all connected so its just trouble shooting to isolate the problem. its a shame you dont live near me cause i could come round and sort it out for u. (love doing this sort of shit lol)

what bike were you thinking of getting next? lol (if you do decide to sell yours)

Well my xvs was a means to an end. Doing my test.

Once I've done it, I'm either getting a bigger (and newer) drag, or similar style (dare I say it - a HD) haha.

Chris

lol a HD is alot of money! probs more than what its worth lol if it was me id go custom streetfighter with a gsxr :D

oh forgot to ask u still wantin that motor? or are u gonna wait and see what the mechanic sais?

I think I'l wait buddy cheers.

And yeah I know it's a lot of cash, but I've got two grand spare + whatever I get for my drag - what it costs to do me full test so...

:)

Anyway I dunno I'm going to get her looked over

Chris

I think I'l wait buddy cheers.

And yeah I know it's a lot of cash, but I've got two grand spare + whatever I get for my drag - what it costs to do me full test so...

:)

Anyway I dunno I'm going to get her looked over

Chris

well if you sell the drag for the cost of the test say £700 (im not sure) then you will still have 2 grand to play with :) and for a grand you could get a decent 400cc - 600cc then use the rest to insure it for the year :D think a half decent xvs 125 is going for about £1000 (realistically), some go for £1300 and top whack iv seen is £1500!

How about an XVS with slightly bent forks, some shitty paintwork on the tank, etcetc.

However, I've calmed down now, and am still gonna stick your fender on, and bling it up a little (as well as fixing the forks etc...)

ANYWAY

I took the bike down the mechs. It's the starter motor. We stripped it down, IT WAS FULL OF OIL from the crash. The slight sound from the starter motors wasn't actually it turning, rather, it was the oil boiling. ahahah.

Anyway, looks like I'm gonna be needing a new one. Paul? :P

Chris

I might strip the starter, is it tricky?

Chris

Aye criss" , nothing is tricky to strip " Its putting it back together is the trick ;) , correctly that is ,, photo stuff as it comes off , lay it out in order, .

Get them bars on , that four, st roker, , and lead us to brighton . just checked weather, , all that warm air be gone for us :( . fkn typical,

ok m8 shal we go back to the original plan? you send me the cash and il send you the fenders and motor all in one go?

Yeah Paul thats a good plan. How much you expecting??

I'll post it down.

Yeha blackhat i'll meet ya at the Ace in the morning.

07898188225, text us the details...

Paul how quick can you get them here? :P

Chris

well say 35 for the fender and 30 for the motor then 15 for postage total £80 and will be with you for wednesday next week? :D

thats if all goes to plan! the misses is over due to give birth by 6 days, and they are inducing her on monday if she dont pop. so if she goes into labor it might be as late as friday or even the week after if they need to do a c section (fingers crossed they dont!) but il keep you informed and get them sent to you a.s.a.p! just thought id pre warn u

Fuckit, I'm gonna pimp her out.

I've already got bars, grips, mirrors, etc, as well as pauls rear fender, to stick on so I might as well do it all and start bidding at about £800 maybe? I just want rid of her now as I'm doing my test.

Chris

if your defo going to sell her then dont put the new fender on just add it with the bike and let the new owner decide, and 800 sounds good for a quick sale. if you put a buy now price of 900 then if anyone wants it now they can lol

Ah okay I see.

I think I'll leave the rear one then, but I feel really bad that it's never got to be used :( :( sorry paul :(

Ah well, someone else on a draggy might want it, anyone?

Anyway yeah, post em down still Paul, I'm getting your money to yous this afternoon...

JohnnyK might want it - he's on a 125 Drag.

Chris

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online