Stiff indicator switch on XVS125

saska21
This post is 4922 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

The indicator switch on my XVS125 is really stiff when I try to turn off the indicators and I always have to check the indicator light under the speedo that the indicators are turned off. Do I need to take the switch apart to clean it or is there any other way to deal with the problem? If I need to take it apart, please could someone tell me how to do it? There is nothing about it in the manual. Thanks for your help.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The indicator switch on my XVS125 is really stiff when I try to turn off the indicators and I always have to check the indicator light under the speedo that the indicators are turned off. Do I need to take the switch apart to clean it or is there any other way to deal with the problem? If I need to take it apart, please could someone tell me how to do it? There is nothing about it in the manual. Thanks for your help.

Spray inside the switch with WD40, you dont even need to take it to bits

Cheers

i need to do the same to mine as its stiff and you dont get that "click" that you used to when you turn the indicators off. but il probably dismantle it to give it a good clean!

i need to do the same to mine as its stiff and you dont get that "click" that you used to when you turn the indicators off. but il probably dismantle it to give it a good clean!

I have successfully used a teflon lube spray to loosen things up. Works great and will last a good long while.

Same thing with mine.

Gave it a good blast of WD40, worked teh switch back and forth a bit and it's been fine ever since. That was... over 3 years ago!

• 2 weeks later...

Just got round to doing this now - I swear this switch hasn't been cleaned since the bike was new (it is 10 years old)! We did have to take the switch apart and whack a lot of WD40 on it but it did the trick! Thanks for your help.