Noobs

barkwindjammer
This post is 4964 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just a suggestion so 'flame me if you will', as it seems that a lot of new members join up all the time, and by far most are polite/friendly enough to make an 'intro' either as an intro or as part of their first post (which is usually a 'fix-it question), would it not be possible to make the existing FAQ section into a 'New members' section, and, incorporate the FAQ's as a sticky 'inside' this new titled section ?

as a noob must have a look at the main page 'looking for the door' and not see one ? :unsure:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I think this would be a good idea yet it has one disadvantage some users would simply believe "oh that doesn't apply to me so off I go to ask my question". However I believe phpBB has an ability within the Admin controls to create a post ban in forums so they cannot post in them with less than "x" amount of posts so lock all the forums so that they cannot be posted in until they have posted in the "introductions" area?

That's a good idea.

Back when I was a noob (OK - so it was only last week!) I couldn't see any obvious place to post my intro so I stuck it in General, only to realise later that most people put theirs in The Bar. I did look in the 'for the newbies' pinned post in General but that's just a disclaimer and a pointer on how to subscribe.

I did put my noob question in the appropriate section though :)

PLEASE do.... Seriously, restrict them to just the Newbie section for, say, 10 posts.

Have a Sticky, explaining that they need to post an intro, contribute and become part of our community here.

Then again, what do I know? I'm just an abusive bully, aren't I Leatherat? :lol:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online