XV 125 How do I spot an Import

whinbush
This post is 4995 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all Need a bit of advice please as thinking about buying a virago 125 to start biking.

I am looking at one at the mo that is a 2003 but I noticed the Speedo is in KMH not MPH does this mean its an import?

Also if it is an import do you know if its a problem.

Anything I need to look out for in the way of common problems etc?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

it also bumps your insurance up abit aswell,,,,for one you dont know how fast your going + cost of replacement parts.....

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I think you will find that a lot of xv 125's speedo's are in KPH and not MPH same as a lot of the Chinese bikes are in KPH, is this a chinese version? and you do know how fast you are going as most have MPH as well indicated.

regards

fridgedoc

You can get adapters that go between the speedo cable and the wheel.

These will register as miles on the speedo, rather than kilometres, so you will know your speed in MPH. They only cost a few quid, too.

Easiest way to tell is to check the VIN and associated paperwork, or look for stickers in a foreign language. The DVLA and other places have websites where you can check the history via the VIN, or even do one of those HPI checks.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online