RXS100

staceyhollinsrxs100
This post is 5011 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Give it a good old once over to make sure everything is working as it should be !!

Nothing wrong with older bikes, if fact they can be good or better than new ones that have soft material in them.

Buy plenty of chains and a disk-lock so hopefully it wont get nicked again.

Failte to the YOC: B)

Hi Guys

i have now got a yamaha 1987 rxs100 nearly a year after my yamaha ybr125 was stolen and a little nervous about having an older bike as the ybr was so easy.

any tips or advice for this bike?

regards

stacey

Hi and welcome stacey :D

Keep an eye on tyre pressures, chain adjustment and two stroke oil level in the tank.

This bike is a two stroke unlike the YBR so you will see an oil light (Red) come on when in neutral, this is a bulb check facility and if it does not come on you need a new indicator bulb. If it comes on when in gear there is no need to panic but re-fill as soon as convenient, these bikes are quite fondly regarded and a good one will be surprisingly nippy for such a small engine.

...Paul

• 1 month later...

i have a 1989 rxs100 i love it, ok its small and looks like a box with 2 wheels. but dont underestimate it at all. i did when i got it i thought 100cc its gonna be slow, 20 years old its gonna be slow everthing about it looked slow. so me being convinced it was a peice of crap full revved it to take off, and take off it what it did it wheelied off and left me on the floor. its knackered and needs alot of work now but i aint gonna get anything else ever again. it will easily hit 80mph i reckon it will do more but i dont wanna push my luck. ok at first its a pain checking oile all the time, guessing how long your petrol will last. but if well looked after and in mint condition its worth a tidy sum. i would strongly suggest you get yourself a spark plug spanner and allways keep a spare spark plug on you its allways the last thing you suspect when it dies but is most likely the problem and if anything like mine then your plug will go quite often.

mine is garaged at the moment and in desperate need of a rebore but she will be back to life very soon.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online