The Psychology of Speed

XT Alan
This post is 7197 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Agreed 100%. The adrenelin rush you get from going fast is addictive and people actually get hooked on it and need more and more and more.

2. Agreed 100%. The consequences on a trail bike are less severe though.

That you are still riding after your experience, proves that biking is an affliction :roll: Once bitten, forever smitten!

Bikes...

twice as addictive as heroin

twice as dangerous

and twice as expensive!

YOU screwed you up.

And until you accept that, you'll be doomed to repeat that scenario over and over again.

That's not what i meant pete. I know i screwwed me up, i was refering to INCIDENTS on a trail bike like mine. But then, come to think of it, it was less severe than my friends crash on his RS50

Darren....you've repeatedly blamed either your bike or the wind.

The reality is you fucked up.

Now until you accept that fact and learn from it then you're at risk of doing the same thing again. And next time the consequences could be far worse.

Now....tell me what you have learnt from that incident....and tell me what steps you have taken to prevent that happening again?

I'm not being harsh on you....but if you were my son, then that's what I'd be asking you. And until I'd got the right answers and seen the right mental attitude, then that bike would go nowhere.

I went too fast into the corner, focused on the wrong place as i started running wide, and lacked the experience to fully correct my line and speed once i was into the bend :roll:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online