main nozzle removal help

4strokertwin
This post is 5142 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi all, advice on how to remove the existing main nozzle in carbs to replace with new.

item 4 pt no. 2a2-14941-06

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

so that's an xs400 then ;)

assuming the carbs are off;

the nozzle is removed by taking off the diaphram and needle, then take off the float bowl and floats. Undo the main jet screw and the nozzle will fall out through the diaphram end!

drew, yes the carbs r totaly dismantled,see pics, the part i am trying 2 remove is ringed in black,plus ringed in red, there is a brass pin,

it shows it as a replacment part in pt book,

Untitled-1.jpg

in this pic item 4.

xs400carb.jpg

edited==its only loaded 1 pic, I wiil try an up load the other

thanx graham =sorted it Drewps too many http://'s

don't take off that pin, its only a pin but is solid in there.

In your picture, the first thing i see is the brass washer, pick that out!

now re-screw in the brass bit but loosly and give it a little tap and the nozzle should drop down. looks like you'll be busy cleaning that crappy carb :lol:

Thanx drew, u's the man. It didn't look like they where washers, mind u my eye site if crap these days even with reading glasses, if I looked at the diagram I up loaded, I would have seen them. 'Dow' ( if I had a brain I would b dangerous,)

Both washers where a pig to get out, so was all the other jets, all screw driver slots where chewed up, I didn't help the situation either, had to use a reverse thread extractor to get them. And this had to fricking happen.

IMG_0248copy.jpg

Is this possible to repair or is it a bin job and source another one, if so, is there anyone out there with a good right hand carb mikuni BS34 for a xs 400.

I wonder it can be luminwelded! its a low temp ally repair solution

Thanx once again drew, that stuff looks amazing, and I will definitely order some, knowing me I will probably melt the carb.