tzr125r 96 import 4hw /cylinder 4fu00

ayron
This post is 5077 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Sorry for the late reply, been really busy with end of year college work.

Anyway, from the sound of the gudgeon pin damage(the tube thing holding the con-rod and piston together), i think that some one has replaced an old cir-clip instead of using new when they have fitted the piston and they are known for coming out when reused.

What has probably caused the damage with the piston melting is a lean fuel/air mixture (too much air) making the bike run hotter, more than likely caused by fitting the after market exhaust and air-filter. To fix this you need a larger main jet in the carb, I think the standard size is a 210 and you should probably have a 240 or 250 depending on the air filter type.  And also check for any air leaks around the rubber inlet manifold.

There are other problems that may have contributed to the damage, so you really should get a second opinion from someone who can see the bike before fitting anything.

Probably not what you want to hear, but it would be for the best.

Vez.

Thanks a lot. I have to buy new piston. What are the differences between cast pistons and forged pistons? Forged are better right? And their size is up to 61mm. Mitaka size is max 58.4mm. What are the differences between mitaka, prox and vertex pistons?

Tick

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really need piston to the next friday. I dont know where should i buy it. Does anyone know one good online shop where i could buy piston (doesnt mater what kind just that it will fit) and that they have it on stock so the piston could be deliver to the next friday. Thanks.

Tick

I really need piston to the next friday. I dont know where should i buy it. Does anyone know one good online shop where i could buy piston (doesnt mater what kind just that it will fit) and that they have it on stock so the piston could be deliver to the next friday. Thanks.

Tick

Hey Tick, try here for a piston http://www.pjme.co.uk/acatalog/Yamaha_DT125R_Engine_Parts_Top_End.html not sure how fast you will get it though.

I don't know the difference between the pistons without a little research.

Vez.

Hey Tick, try here for a piston http://www.pjme.co.uk/acatalog/Yamaha_DT125R_Engine_Parts_Top_End.html not sure how fast you will get it though.

I don't know the difference between the pistons without a little research.

Vez.

Tanks a lot, i really appreciate your help! I still havent received my cilinder from the local company so i decided to try to fit TDR cylinder. How will i see if it fits or not? Will be the resault seen after the first engine start? What is the worse thing that can happen?

Thanks.

Tanks a lot, i really appreciate your help! I still havent received my cilinder from the local company so i decided to try to fit TDR cylinder. How will i see if it fits or not? Will be the resault seen after the first engine start? What is the worse thing that can happen?

Thanks.

Its hard to say what will happen as i have never tried to fit one.

I think the worst that can happen is it won't start. Can't imagine it exploding or any thing like that.

You will only know for sure it works 100% when the bike is running and you have chance to check the bike performs as it did before with the original cylinder.

Good luck.

Vez.

• Who's Online (See full list)