dt 125

adyrob
This post is 4954 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

my son has a dt 125. it starts fine but when he pulls the cluch and drops it in to gear it cuts out with the cluch lever still pulled in thers plenty of tention on the cable and its not stiking culd it be the cluch set up on the cluch baskit

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

my son has a dt 125. it starts fine but when he pulls the cluch and drops it in to gear it cuts out with the cluch lever still pulled in thers plenty of tention on the cable and its not stiking culd it be the cluch set up on the cluch baskit

Hello there.

If the side stand is down then it will cut out as a safety device

Post again if you have tryed this all ready.

thers no saftey sensor on the stand

Does it happen if he selects 2nd gear?

If so there is marks on the outer gearbox casing, these should line up with the gear changing leaver when the clutch is not pulled. You might need to adjust this to its proper mark.

After this it will be a case of opening the gearbox side-casing and checking some stuff.

Check the marks line up first.

Does it happen if he selects 2nd gear?

If so there is marks on the outer gearbox casing, these should line up with the gear changing leaver when the clutch is not pulled. You might need to adjust this to its proper mark.

After this it will be a case of opening the gearbox side-casing and checking some stuff.

Check the marks line up first.

ill have a look and see wher the marks are i just wonderd if it has done eney damige becouse he left the bike for about 1 year so i had to change the cluch oil bcouse if you pulled in the cluch it dident do eneything but with new oil and a bit of pushing and pulling its got better could the cluch plats be stiking thanks ady

ill have a look and see wher the marks are i just wonderd if it has done eney damige becouse he left the bike for about 1 year so i had to change the cluch oil bcouse if you pulled in the cluch it dident do eneything but with new oil and a bit of pushing and pulling its got better could the cluch plats be stiking thanks ady

Yea plates could be sticking after that length of time. Dont stat the bike and select 2nd gear, then keep jumping the bike along by pushing it.

Once you get it freed-up the engine will start to turn over.

That should be the plates free but they will need a bit of use to get them going proper.

The cutting out prob, sounds like the clutch release thing is off set a bit. The gear lifting arm should line up with a little hump mark on the outer casing of the gearbox when the clutch is not pulled, if it doesn't then you will have to re-set it. Have you a manual?---- even for that newer bike?

If you want to free up the sticking plates start the bike, get it rooling along then select 2nd gear and off you go for a spin using all gears. By the time you get back the gearbox oil will have heatened up and you could now try the clutch again. Stop the bike and restart and select 1st gear, if it still cuts out then you are gona have to re-set the clutch release mechinisim.

Give it a go !!!

i did what you sead and the cluch is loads better but it still cut out when i put it in gear so i had a look for the wire that usea to be on the kick stand sensor and it wos just hanging down the back so i testerd it with a volt meter when the bike wos runing and found its onley an earth that grounded when the kick stand wos rased so i earthed the blue wire and the bike dident cutout and it runs fine.

thankyou for your help 5 star help thanks ady

Glad you got it sorted.

You could do with changing gearox oil again after a bit as bits of shit will be floating arrond from the sticking plates.

• 6 months later...

Hi there, I just reading this post an i cant help but comment here.. I just the moment had the same problem.. But for some reason the gear box oil was empty so went to get some more and put it in.. Then started the bike but idles really low at 1rpm now ive put the oil in. So i went for like a 3mile spin to make sure that it's all running fine but when i pull in the clutch it engine rpm drops really quick, with in like half a second it's back to 1rpm. Now as i just left it for like 3hours and went to start it, it started 1st kick with choke. and then pulled in clutch and into 1st and it just died it didn't jump as i never pulled the throttle back but then let the clutch out after it died and pulled it back in and it still was in gear.. it done this twice and i rolled it back at forth to try an get the clutch to work but it wouldnt so put back into neutral and then started again.. and it found 1st gear i could pull off fine but i wonder if ive put too much gear box oil in..

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online