Hi Guys - New Member

Sky
This post is 5158 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey Guys,

I'm new to the forum and to Yamaha aswell. My last bike was Honday CBR 125R.

I'm now currently riding a YZF R125.

Quick pic of my baby:

mybike.jpg

I've got a quick question;

My previous gloves were alpinestar GP Plus size large. (They were handed down to me from a friend when I first bought my original bike).

Fitting was perfect.

I recently bought a new pair of alpinestar GP Pro gloves.. large again.

But tbh at the moment my hands are red and raw from the tight fitting of the gloves.. I even find it difficult to make a fist.

Someone mentioned to me that it does take a little while for leather products to wear in. Any ideas on how long? And any tips to make it go faster?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

gorgeous bike mate and welcome to YOC

if the gloves are leather they will stretch mate as leather is always tight until worn in.

Someone mentioned to me that it does take a little while for leather products to wear in. Any ideas on how long? And any tips to make it go faster?

Welcome sky, great looking bike you have there ;)

It will take some time to wear the gloves in as had been said, to make that time go faster just ride the bike more, they say time flies when your'e enjoying yerself :lol:

Nice bike, if you ride regularly they shouldn't take more then a week or two to properly wear in, if they are still tight after that, then may be you should let your mate wear them for a bit to stretch them out a little.

Also riding in rain helps, leather stretches better when wet. :)

make them damp using warm water and sponge and wear then and stretch them out and they should fit snug then :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online