here's my cruiser

midnight61
This post is 5168 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Blimey... that looks bigger than I remember from the showroom!!

Looking good - looking forward to see your new exhaust...

Here's mine:

sideya.jpg

(just finishing changing the handlebars & adding saddlebags will post new pic once done)

• 2 weeks later...

Here's an update: RSTD bars, OEM saddlebags & saddlebag crash guards

Rightview.jpg

and here's my cruiser now, with cobra speedster shorts, cobra fuel processor, K AND N air filter and a subtle drilling of the air box. She rides like a different bike now and will hold 25mph in 3rd gear on a steady throttle with no surging.

just how it "should" have come out the factory

DSCF0671.jpg

DSCF0674.jpg

hey, clarkegray, nice bike mate, mine seems a different red to yours ...?

That is one nice looking bike... the pipes look great! Will have to start saving my £££s for new air filter/processor etc...

Is your red more maroon?

That is one nice looking bike... the pipes look great! Will have to start saving my £££s for new air filter/processor etc...

Is your red more maroon?

my bike is a maroon colour mate,(yamaha call it "dark red") it's not an import either...i thought the colours available were black, blue and dark red....but you and i have 2 different shades of red which confuses me ?.

The cobra shorts are a work of art and fitted like a glove and sound AWESOME :D , i'm sure its not just my imagination, but it picks up MUCH better now... i also have a tall screen which i only put on when i go on long journeys, you can see the brackets in the pictures at the top of the forks. I have no plans to change anything else ... i would like to single seat it with a rack but that doesnt sit well with "her indoors" so it may not happen, i'm going to look at a throttle lock (cruise control) next...i did look at the Vista universal cruise control but am unsure if it'll fit, any ideas guys ...?

I thought the colour was bright red... the pipes look great, will have to meet up in summer for a listen?

Know what you mean about single seat & rack - she'd not be happy at all...!!

I've no experience of Vista control, but these guys seem to discuss it at length:

http://1300tourer.com/content/how-intall-vista-cruise-throttle-lock

http://1300tourer.com/search/node/throttle+vista

Good luck

Graham

I thought the colour was bright red... the pipes look great, will have to meet up in summer for a listen?

Know what you mean about single seat & rack - she'd not be happy at all...!!

I've no experience of Vista control, but these guys seem to discuss it at length:

http://1300tourer.com/content/how-intall-vista-cruise-throttle-lock

http://1300tourer.com/search/node/throttle+vista

Good luck

Graham

no worries mate, i have family in Leeds and will certainly be up there over the coming months, and dont worry...you'll hear me before you see me....LOL :)

looks lovely mate would look realy nice in black or matt black :D

i was all set on the black mate, my wife talked me out of it and i'm glad she did...i like this colour, it grew on me

as for MATT black .....yuk...LOL

i was all set on the black mate, my wife talked me out of it and i'm glad she did...i like this colour, it grew on me

as for MATT black .....yuk...LOL

ha ha fair enough a gothic style would go down nicely with a bike liek that :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online