dt 200 98

misfit
This post is 5175 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi i have a 98 dt 200r and it studders sitting on any speed and any rev but it sound good when i go up in speed it has a pro circuit exhaust system on it and its been re jetted for the exhuast system im not sure if its just the racing pipe and i carnt get a original pipe for it.

Ive only been able to get 84 ks out of a tank is that bad or good for a dt

Please help cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

First job, change the plug. Dont clean it, replace it. And tell us what the old one looked like before you bin it if there is no improvement.

Ive only been able to get 84 ks out of a tank is that bad or good for a dt

Please help cheers

84kms 2 a tank sounds very ordinary-even with non original pipe-cant say how much pipe will affect-but standard stock dt200,s wil get between 140-160 to a tank-depending on how and where u r riding.I agree with cynic about ur spark plug. u may also want 2 check ur reed valves after plug change.

"studders" I read this as 4stroking ? in which case there is every chance it is running rich , the plug colour should give you a good guide . If it was rejetted for the exhaust they may have overdone the jetting / needle height .

Bob

ps rr90 to reply to your pm , i had a similar problem to misfits, after changing needle valve then crank seals I was able to get closer to a good setting , slightly out at the moment cos its so cold .currently running 35 pilot 150 main middle clip , plug BR8ES - colour light brown after a thrash

ps rr90 to reply to your pm , i had a similar problem to misfits, after changing needle valve then crank seals I was able to get closer to a good setting , slightly out at the moment cos its so cold .currently running 35 pilot 150 main middle clip , plug BR8ES - colour light brown after a thrash

hello bob- not sure wot u mean by needle valve? Is ur bike stock all round bob? i m also using br8es- wot does the light brown colour indicate about the way bike is running? i m preety sure u said u hav disconected auto-lube. is that why u hav had 2 change jetting from standard?

hello bob- not sure wot u mean by needle valve? Is ur bike stock all round bob? i m also using br8es- wot does the light brown colour indicate about the way bike is running? i m preety sure u said u hav disconected auto-lube. is that why u hav had 2 change jetting from standard?

Hi RR, the needle valve set part no 2MA-14107-28 controls the supply and level of the petrol into the carb, if they are worn or old or level not adjusted correctly the mixture can be affected, worth replacing before jetting the carb . Yes I did up the pilot jet after removing the autolube , otherwise the bike is stock minus snorkel.I used to run BR9ES which is the stock plug , but generally I am not revving the bike hard and the 8 plug runs better.

Here is a link to a plug diagnostic guide http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/tech_support/spark_plugs/faqs/faqread.asp

Bob

Hi RR, the needle valve set part no 2MA-14107-28 controls the supply and level of the petrol into the carb, if they are worn or old or level not adjusted correctly the mixture can be affected, worth replacing before jetting the carb . Yes I did up the pilot jet after removing the autolube , otherwise the bike is stock minus snorkel.I used to run BR9ES which is the stock plug , but generally I am not revving the bike hard and the 8 plug runs better.

Here is a link to a plug diagnostic guide http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/tech_support/spark_plugs/faqs/faqread.asp

Bob

I always understood you needed to go up a jet size to compensate for the oil in the fuel so the mixture isn't leaned out by 3-4%.

• 2 weeks later...

I always understood you needed to go up a jet size to compensate for the oil in the fuel so the mixture isn't leaned out by 3-4%.

hay it has been re jetted its slowly starting to run better dont no why

Im selling it now