Which is safer?

JohnR6
This post is 7212 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Which bike would be safer for a new rider to go down the motorway with, doing 65-70mph, a Yamaha R6 or a 125cc sportbike (eg Honda CBR125R, Aprilia RS125 etc)? :?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I'd go for a 125 as your less likely to go too fast, as it's all too easy to do on a sports 600, but really, the safety is in the hands of the rider

a bike is only as safe as it's rider john, you could have an accident on either. the r6 would let you go faster meaning the risks would be higher so i suppose the 125 would be safer :roll:

125's may stop quicker due to a weight advantage, but an R6 could get you outta trouble quicker in certain situations :wink:

Yes, as YamaHead said R6 could get you outta trouble quicker in certain situations.  :lol:

yeah and get you into it a whole lot quicker than you can ever imagine till you actually ride a bike(a potent one not a 125)

I hate motorways on a bike, only because they are long, straight and boring but if you need to use one then so long as you have the ability and the confidence there is no doubt the R6 would be the safest option. If not keep, the hell away from the motorway!

1. It's braking will be much sharper and stable.

2. It has the power to get you out of trouble should you need it.

3. The fact that it is at least twice the physical size makes you far more visible to other traffic, and you will have a better field of vision on a larger machine.

Keep your distance, make frequent mirror checks and ALWAYS use lifesavers!

Stay Safe!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online