Karma - It's a Good Thing!

YamaHead
This post is 5214 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Went to collect the rebuilt XR lower-end from my mate's on Friday night.....was enjoying a beer & a good chat session with him in his shop....

& then he brought up the fact that a mutual friend (who recently moved due to being damn near homeless & jobless for awhile & then finally scoring a decent job looking after a Water treatment facility up in the Columbia River gorge (Beautiful place!)... B)

was having a Helluva time coming up with enough cash to get himself a bike again after being bikeless for over 6years....

This friend is alot like me in the fact that him being around bikes all his life & going crazy not being back on 2-Wheels soon....

When I heard of his predicament....I immediately blurted out "I can just give my 550 to him" :blink: ......

My wife pretty much put the skids on me spending any more hard-earned cash on the old Beast :rolleyes: .....

So I rang him up the next morning, told him if he'd buy me a set of Acerbis handguards for the XT6....the 550 was his lock, stock & barrell.

The guy is a few years older than me & was like a kid in a Candy store after I threw that offer to him :D

He came over yesterday with his end of the deal.....

XRlump003.jpg

& now can't wait for me to deliver the 550 to his door this coming weekend. Like I was telling my wife....

Life is waaaaay too short not to have something to look forward to......So putting the 550 in good hands made my mate's day & also made me feel just as good to give it away as it was for him to recieve it. ;)

Then after buyng some chinese take-out for my wife on Saturday night, I cracked open the fortune cookie inside & it read:

"Be Generous - & the favor will return within a week" :D

So, here's to more great 2-Wheel adventures in the near future! drinks1.gif

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

See that YamaHead guy there, kiddies?

Mark him well.

THAT is a proper Biker.

Cheers M8's!

It was really starting to bug me that the 550 might not see much action in my care......but I'm well confident that my mate will have it in top running order by this summer. ;)

He just scored a Kool job with a killer location in the Columbia River Gorge.... B)

Which is also great in the fact that I'll still have opportunities to ride the 550 again myself....

to places like these..... B)

gorge.jpg

269_family-vacations-columbia-river-gorge-2.jpg

My buddy also reminded me of his access to locked & gated BLM land area's through his work.....

Which I guess could be the return side of that Karma thing.....as he works near places like this....

040601-017..jpg

Been to Crown Point lookout a few times in the past....

040530-199..jpg

Across the river is Washington state.....& looking in the general direction of the home of the Washougal National MX event. B)

LOADS of Waterfalls along the old scenic highway....

I've seen this infamous Multnomah Falls FROZEN from top to bottom before :blink:

269_family-vacations-columbia-river-gorge-2.jpg

PunchBowl Falls is another sight of Beauty....

3323562526_57fcd3145f.jpg

The Gorge is also known as the WindSurfing capital....& has been filmed in a few of Warren Miller's Ski & WindSurfing movies. B)

Windsurfing.jpg

It's amazing just how fast some these guys cross the Columbia in a good windstorm! :blink:

Roll On Summer! :thumb:

He just scored a Kool job with a killer location in the Columbia River Gorge.... B)

Which is also great in the fact that I'll still have opportunities to ride the 550 again myself....

to places like these..... B)

gorge.jpg

I've often considered loading the bike up and shipping it over there for a month or two...... We've got relatives in Vancouver, so one of these days I'm going there for a good look around...

It doesn't matter about Karma, it always feels good to be able to help a mate out, and with a bit of luck he'll never have to return the favour.

I've often considered loading the bike up and shipping it over there for a month or two...... We've got relatives in Vancouver, so one of these days I'm going there for a good look around...

You won't regret it GasUp.....but fair warning.....you might not wanna leave. ;):D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online