Yamaha YZF R1 exhaust questiion ..asap!!!

EwOkIE
This post is 5273 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all I have a Yamaha YZF 750 R bike but am wondering if a YZF R1 exhast and link pipe will fit.

The R1 eexhaust is from a 2001 model and mine is a 1995/6 bike.

The link pipe is the high rise one, which sweeps round the pedal (noob, so I think I am explaining it right)

I needhelp asap as the person thats selling needs answer quickly.

So does the link pipe fit mine at the bottom at bellypan???

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi pal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!hope the coolant question/reply helped??????.....let me know....

as for the exhaust link pipe......................it SHOULD fit...my mate put a 750 link pipe onto a 1000 thunderace...so you can presume that it will be roll reversal...I.E..1000 onto a 750....do you know the bloke persnaly?? he could bring it round and try a fitting...only takes 10 mins and a brew to do this...if not ask him to measure the diameter of the link pipe and measure your own,,swap details and fit if possible....

also noticed that people like to view problems on this site but wont help...maybe need to be ridind a 2014 reg yam r1 dogs bollox with super teflon coated non slip tyres and magic paint that doesnt get dirty,complete with matching bike blanket and pillows for there help?????

im happy riding a 92 fzr1000 exup...still eats r1's and 17 years old...its the breeding.

hi pal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!hope the coolant question/reply helped??????.....let me know....

as for the exhaust link pipe......................it SHOULD fit...my mate put a 750 link pipe onto a 1000 thunderace...so you can presume that it will be roll reversal...I.E..1000 onto a 750....do you know the bloke persnaly?? he could bring it round and try a fitting...only takes 10 mins and a brew to do this...if not ask him to measure the diameter of the link pipe and measure your own,,swap details and fit if possible....

also noticed that people like to view problems on this site but wont help...maybe need to be ridind a 2014 reg yam r1 dogs bollox with super teflon coated non slip tyres and magic paint that doesnt get dirty,complete with matching bike blanket and pillows for there help?????

im happy riding a 92 fzr1000 exup...still eats r1's and 17 years old...its the breeding.

also........check out....... WWW.YZF750R.COM .....this guy likes his bikes and knows what good breeding is,,,,,,and no doubt he will reply to you if you ask him....

good luck with the old girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!reply please...

Hi and yes coolant answer helped, not tackled the removal of the casing to clean the sprocket though.

The reason why I asked if the link pipe fitted was as I have noticed on some R!'s that the connection of the bottom

link pipe comes out a bit a few cm's asupposed to mine coming out kinda straight. Might just need to tweak the link pipe.

Thats a dodgy road to travel mate, there is a lot of very willing help on this site. An attitude like that can get very lonely.

Should recieve the scorpion titanium exhaust on monday with the high rise exhaust link pipe.

Hoping it will fit ok, but were can I get a high rise bracket from that holds the exhaust.

I want it so that the bracket goes behind the rear pillion footpegs so that I dont need to do away with them

Thanks

also noticed that people like to view problems on this site but wont help...

Very unfair!! I'll help anybody out IF I KNOW THE ANSWER Were not all mechanics on the forum, it's usually from experience that we know the answer, but you need to view first though.

...erm, I asked a question remember <_< *waves*

and I appreciate everyone on here for there time and patience on us noobs asking questions

Tried evotech with no joy and fleabay for high rise exhaust hanger, anyone any others?

and I appreciate everyone on here for there time and patience on us noobs asking questions

And were here to help you "noobs" If we can pass on any of our advice that's what this forum is all about, even at 60 I appreciate help from others whatever age, but it doesn't help when we get remarks from a tw@ (andy) that's only been on the forum for a dogwatch.

And were here to help you "noobs" If we can pass on any of our advice that's what this forum is all about, even at 60 I appreciate help from others whatever age, but it doesn't help when we get remarks from a tw@ (andy) that's only been on the forum for a dogwatch.

Relax mike 'andy' hasn't botherd with the profile details, add that to his 'must have now attitude' is generally a pretty good idication that the forum is a whim as far as he's concerned.