New here, own 1997 yamaha yzf 600r.

Scott-thundercat
This post is 7108 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hey everyone, i am new here, just bought a 1997 yamaha yzf-600r thundercat. i am a Yank as it were, and since there isnt a big following of the thundercat across the pond, i figured i'd try here. if anyone has any info on how to make the thundercat better, stronger and faster, i'd love to hear it. got pics of it as it was when i bought it (soon it will be all blue) at www.geocities.com/will_sati/bike thanks for any input! sorry if my english is a little different!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

From 1 Scott to another :wink: .....

:hi to the Forum 8)

I've always kinda liked the ThunderCat......although, I can't say I've seen very many on our turf? aa_3.gif

:hi To the forum Scott.

Should be a cool looker when you've finished with it!

There are plenty of 'cats around over here, it's just hard to find a good one that hasn't been thrashed to death!

hey everyone thanks for the replys. nice to find a group of people with similar interests. i see yama head is on my side of the pond. are you really in portland? i bought my bike in Salem, OR! yeah they are quite rare in the states. ive only seen 2 T-cats the whole time i've been lookin! sad. heh heh, yeah colour looks like it would sound different, but i guess you guys pronounce it the same. it just looks like Ko-loor is how to pronounce it. and how is tonnes pronounced? same way as our tons? im just curious, not overly ignorant. :D

Salem OR??.......I work only halfway between Salem & Portland!......I'll have to keep my eye's peeled for any more 'Cat's that might be around :wink: .......Love to have one.....even if it had NO bodywork 8)

BTW.....checked out your site........Really like your GMC 8)

Cool thanks. yeah it has been a fun truck. god knows i prolly wont ever get rid of it! too much time, blood, and money invested! i always laugh when i beat newer more expensive trucks and cars... specially when they put money into making em faster (like 40,000 including the cost of the truck) and mine is up to about 5000 total invested including purchase price. that and the fact that i can haul and tow more is a wonderful thing. very few new trucks could tow a 6 ton trailer! :D what type of yammy do you ride?

what type of yammy do you ride?

An '83 XJ750 Maxim.......year 'round for the past 4 years......but I'm lookin' to replace it by this winter, with a Seca2, YZF6 or the likes :wink:

Also gonna sort out my '79 RD by then too 8)

thanks, i did a lot of research! my first bike was 1983 honda nighthawk cb450sc. it was fun, but a vertical twin, just doesnt do the trick for me! although it got 63 miles per gallon! that was nice. and insurance was only 9 dollars/month as opposed to 23! but even 23 aint bad! well thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

blast! can someone tell me how to shrink my avatar? i am using some damned mac OS X and i have no idea how to use it (specially since the network admin wont let us use any photo editing software, so i cant use an image on the hardisk that i resized.) blast!

blast!  can someone tell me how to shrink my avatar?  i am using some damned mac OS X and i have no idea how to use it (specially since the network admin wont let us use any photo editing software, so i cant use an image on the hardisk that i resized.) blast!

You could email it to me & I'd be glad to do it for ya :wink:

• 4 months later...

I have a YZF600r in Norwalk, CT as does about a billion other people I know. It's the best solo SPORT-touring bike ever made IMO. A great all arounder for aggressive street riding and trackdays....that's y Yamaha hasn't pulled the plug yet (I am worried though...they have that piece of crap Fz6 now.) cause they keep selling....and all us YZF600r owners love picking on R6 & R1 riders on the street. :P Enjoy it...u got a great deal! :lol:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online