Best Ever Ride

XT Alan
This post is 7228 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

What's Yours?

Mine:

Norwich to London. I had a Triumph Tiger 650 (Bonny with a single carb). I had been up to see a mate and hooked up with another rider on a Norton 750 Commando, who I got talking to - as you do. Two Brit twins thundering down the A11 on a beautiful summer day. I can remember it as if it was yesterday.

I've done 10s of thousands of miles all over the UK mainly and some in Europe and enjoyed them all, but this ride was pure biking heaven.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

April 1973, and recently bought a new GT380.

Went out about 6 in the morning on my own and rode round the Brecon Beacons running it in.

It was the first time that I'd had a reliable bigger bike (a GT380 was considered a big bike in those days) that was capable of going any distance without mechanical failure.

I was 18 and it felt like the world was now opening up to me. You have to remember that in those days the world was a much smaller place with no Internet, no mobiles, no 24hr live TV news etc....so it was quite an experience. Sort of a "coming of age" thing.

And I was right, the world did open up to me...and I blundered straight in like a bull in a china shop. A few weeks later I met the girl who was going to be my first wife....and it all went downhill from there. Big Time! :cry:

sorry cant remember her name...but she was a demon in the sack :shock: :twisted:

only kidding :wink:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online