R1 Race bike progress.........

R6Ricky
This post is 5317 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well as i was getting a bit fed up of riding the mighty R1 on the public roads, i decided to take it to the next level, so the bike is now becoming a 100% race bike, with the intentions of me riding it next season and doing not too badly on it.

The drawn up spec is remaining pretty small so far, with just a race fairing, race filter, custom decat y-pipe, Termi cans and a Power Commander being fitted.

The bike went from this:

PICT0413.jpg

PICT0414.jpg

And is currently sitting in my garage looking like this :o :

PICT0468.jpg

PICT0467.jpg

PICT0466.jpg

PICT0465.jpg

Will keep you guys updated when i get parts fitted, and eventually get the race fairing painted and fitted B)

Roll on next season, cause i cant wait!

Ricky

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well as i was getting a bit fed up of riding the mighty R1 on the public roads, i decided to take it to the next level, so the bike is now becoming a 100% race bike, with the intentions of me riding it next season and doing not too badly on it.

The drawn up spec is remaining pretty small so far, with just a race fairing, race filter, custom decat y-pipe, Termi cans and a Power Commander being fitted.

The bike went from this:

PICT0413.jpg

PICT0414.jpg

And is currently sitting in my garage looking like this :o :

PICT0468.jpg

PICT0467.jpg

PICT0466.jpg

PICT0465.jpg

Will keep you guys updated when i get parts fitted, and eventually get the race fairing painted and fitted B)

Roll on next season, cause i cant wait!

Ricky

Couple of questions, why rip a really nice 2yr old R1 apart when you could have flogged that and got yourself a cat C cosmetic write off intead and preped that.

Or will it turn back into a one carefull owner bike after 2 seasons?

Couple of questions, why rip a really nice 2yr old R1 apart when you could have flogged that and got yourself a cat C cosmetic write off intead and preped that.

Or will it turn back into a one carefull owner bike after 2 seasons?

A Cat C wouldnt just be cosmetic, that would involve some sort of structural damage, and finding either a Cat C or D R1 is quite hard, ecspecially a newer model. The reason for using this bike is i know it runs well, and as said, i was getting bored of riding something so fast on our very speed controlled roads.

And it may eventually turn back into a road bike if i get bored of track riding, again this is a reason why im using a good base model R1 and not a write-off.

A Cat C wouldnt just be cosmetic, that would involve some sort of structural damage, and finding either a Cat C or D R1 is quite hard, ecspecially a newer model. The reason for using this bike is i know it runs well, and as said, i was getting bored of riding something so fast on our very speed controlled roads.

And it may eventually turn back into a road bike if i get bored of track riding, again this is a reason why im using a good base model R1 and not a write-off.

Makes sense, just curious thats all.

I can fully understand going racing rather than get splatted/nicked on the road. :thumb::thumb:

you should make it in to a track fighter naked look with droped bars :D and all the gubbins

A dont really like the naked look, would look different tho, a'll give you that B)

Makes sense, just curious thats all.

I can fully understand going racing rather than get splatted/nicked on the road. :thumb::thumb:

I can understand the curiosity, trust me, all my mates have been asking the same question and calling me mad etc :rolleyes:

And as you say, and as ive told them, am either gonna lose my licence or my life using the bike on the public road, so ad rather take my chances on the track. If i dont like it, its only a few days work to change the bike back into a road legal R1, so no bigie :D

Anyway, you guys got any ideas on colour schemes or designs i could use? Pictures would be appreciated.