tdr250 spark plugs

nets
This post is 5329 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have a tdr250 and about every 100 miles the porceline in the spark plug electrode appears to stop working and has a hairline crack, they are ngk br8es, has this happened to anyone else?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have a tdr250 and about every 100 miles the porceline in the spark plug electrode appears to stop working and has a hairline crack, they are ngk br8es, has this happened to anyone else?

Thats cos they are getting too hot they are supposed to be NGK BR9ES's.

Well mine are on a std bike and they are fine.

Other than that you may be damaging them when you gap em if you are not doing it right, or there is an underlying ig/fueling fault but that is unlikely. Try the different plugs first.

thanks for your help it did the same with br9es thought about trying a 7 what ignition fueling problrms could it be? anyone any ideas?? cheers

thanks for your help it did the same with br9es thought about trying a 7 what ignition fueling problrms could it be? anyone any ideas?? cheers

Best thing to do, post some decent photo's of the plugs. Picture paints a thousand words etc.

:) Hmmm,,,tut,,,tut....tut...tut! Well where do i start. I hate to have to be the one to break this news miss nets ,,,,but, youve got one of the worst bikes Yamaha ever produced there, they have been known to break up previously happy loving family units because the mortgage payments werent being met and the acces through the back door was blocked with old sparking plugs,,,take a word of advice from me...sell it, sell it real quick!!!

How much will you take by the way... :)

:) Hmmm,,,tut,,,tut....tut...tut! Well where do i start. I hate to have to be the one to break this news miss nets ,,,,but, youve got one of the worst bikes Yamaha ever produced there, they have been known to break up previously happy loving family units because the mortgage payments werent being met and the acces through the back door was blocked with old sparking plugs,,,take a word of advice from me...sell it, sell it real quick!!!

How much will you take by the way... :)

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Are you on TDR250.co.uk, its another bunch of nutters with fortunately the same twisted, perverted and wholey un pc sense of humour as this lot. The site is deceptively busy not like here but you normaly get most things answerd in 24hours, less if its something juicy.

no he wants the bloody thing i reckon, the 175 is not fast enough, and he can see what fun you and me are having on ours, oh and that will get hiim on the TDR forum now i reckon

Merv

no he wants the bloody thing i reckon, the 175 is not fast enough, and he can see what fun you and me are having on ours, oh and that will get hiim on the TDR forum now i reckon

Merv

Bet he's on there already, how long will the bandit last.

report in bike comparing it with an Italian diesel

TDR v SXV 550

All true very very true.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Are you on TDR250.co.uk, its another bunch of nutters with fortunately the same twisted, perverted and wholey un pc sense of humour as this lot. The site is deceptively busy not like here but you normaly get most things answerd in 24hours, less if its something juicy.

gonna give that a try I might even get a bit more sense, cheers.

That i very much doubt, they are as nutty as a fruit bat same as here.

Back on topic, Is your bike modified at all, maybe a set of pipes. Maybe some halfwit in the past made some 'performance upgrades' or is it stock.

That i very much doubt, they are as nutty as a fruit bat same as here.

Back on topic, Is your bike modified at all, maybe a set of pipes. Maybe some halfwit in the past made some 'performance upgrades' or is it stock.

The engine has been rebuilt including crank reconditioned useing all genuine yam stuff throughout, running on standard exhausts, the numpty that owns it uses it to travel to work and back each day (around 3 built up miles) and he does not know how to ride a 2-stroke ( he plods) dont think this helps matters!

The engine has been rebuilt including crank reconditioned useing all genuine yam stuff throughout, running on standard exhausts, the numpty that owns it uses it to travel to work and back each day (around 3 built up miles) and he does not know how to ride a 2-stroke ( he plods) dont think this helps matters!

That could well be part of it if they never clear. Can you not show him how, you have a pretty good stroking knowledge (that came out wrong) judging by your bikes. Can you not show him how to ride it properly.

That could well be part of it if they never clear. Can you not show him how, you have a pretty good stroking knowledge (that came out wrong) judging by your bikes. Can you not show him how to ride it properly.

yeah!!! I do keep telling him he needs to use a bit more right hand, what more can I say?

yeah!!! I do keep telling him he needs to use a bit more right hand, what more can I say?

Strap him on the 350 and show him, or grab the keys to the TDR and let it live for once. I cannot believe these people who can plod on a powervalve motor. Strokers are like drugs, a finantial and physical pain in the arse for most of the time but when you hit the spot, ohhhh man none of it matters.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online