Front Brake Problem

mykeee1880
This post is 5328 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have a XVS 650 Dragstar classic. When I apply the front brakes at slow speed they are very snatchy and I come to a stop in jerky movements. I took it to a mechanic and said I thought the brake disc needed changing - he tested the brake disc and said no it was fine.

Neither myself nor the mechanic can think of what could be causing this problem - he has now said he is going to take the wheel from another dragstar and try it on my bike to see what happens.

Just wondering if any of you can think of anything that could be causing this.

Thanks

Mike

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Start by flushing the brake fluid out and replacing it with fresh stuff and bleed to taste.

My OH's brake is naturally quite snatchy, whereas mine is slightly spongy.

The other thing to look at is the brake pads.

Maybe select a different type; sintered, organic?

Personally, I rarely use the front when going slow.

Below 15mph I only use the back.

I have a XVS 650 Dragstar classic. When I apply the front brakes at slow speed they are very snatchy and I come to a stop in jerky movements. I took it to a mechanic and said I thought the brake disc needed changing - he tested the brake disc and said no it was fine.

Neither myself nor the mechanic can think of what could be causing this problem - he has now said he is going to take the wheel from another dragstar and try it on my bike to see what happens.

Just wondering if any of you can think of anything that could be causing this.

Thanks

Mike

Master cyl piston seal leaking letting the pressure bleed out.

Condition of front tyre

Rider technique

Front fork condition allowing the forks to 'hammer' due to lack of damping.

I very much doubt a substitute front wheel will cure anything bar cost.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online