79 400 xs cafe

mcmunzell
This post is 2814 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello everyone...

After getting a steel tank off ebay and having to clean the rust out AGAIN...it RUSTED OVER AGAIN. SO........

I called Air-Tech and asked them about a PLASTIC OR FIBERGLASS TANK.

I am also getting White smoke out of the left stock pipe...and not on the right.

Does anyone know the dimensions to get a fabricated tank? Has anyone done this before?

And...What in gods name is all of that WHITE SMOKE when its Air cooled?

I know Blue means Im burning Oil....but WHITE???

Also...Im sick to death of these shitty Mikuni carbs...so god damn temperamental.

Is there any other carbs that would fit on the 400xs that I could buy NEW???

Having Mad Trouble.....

Mcmunzell/

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

white smoke = fuel, float too high or leaking

for cafe look I liked the xs750 tank on the 400!!

try new mikuni flat slides, they'll cost though

white smoke = fuel, float too high or leaking

for cafe look I liked the xs750 tank on the 400!!

try new mikuni flat slides, they'll cost though

Will I have to fab it on if I find it? and where can you find flat sides?

just wondering....thanx

mcmunzelll

Will I have to fab it on if I find it? and where can you find flat sides?

just wondering....thanx

mcmunzelll

just google, not sure who sells them in usa, but allens performance seels them in UK.

I have seen some new xs650 34mm on ebay.com, should just need to re jet for the bike!!

drewps

just google, not sure who sells them in usa, but allens performance seels them in UK.

I have seen some new xs650 34mm on ebay.com, should just need to re jet for the bike!!

drewps

I did look at the flatside you had mentioned however it appears there is no links to the both....

So the 750 tank will fit with no fabbing...the people at mikesXS told me otherwise but they are douchebags and I will believe you instead. This bike is very very particular about its carb settings and It seems like a simple machine....its not!

I have read numerous sites on the cleaning of these carbs and have done it to specs, but to no avail. I am getting frustrated man! I just dont want to go through another hassle of having the tank rust....cleaning out the carbs again....ect.

Patience is def a virtue in this matter!

McMunzell

• 7 years later...

Doug, this post is from 2009 mate, please don't drag up old posts. Try saying hello in the NEW Members section and someone will help you out. Just sayin!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online