Awful gearshift

O-T-B
This post is 5394 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello all.

I've got a bit of bother at the moment with the gear shift on my 2001 R6 at the moment. The gears change OK when the bike is cool but if the bike gets really warm the it becomes really awful to shift gears. It's clunky as hell and requires quite of decent pull / push on the gear selector to get it to shift.

Trying to get the flippin thing into neutral is almost impossible. It'll go from second and clunk heavily straight down into first. Try going the other way and it's the same story going straight through neutral and into second :angry:

Any ideas what might be causing this??

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Possibly a bit too much oil in the sump.

Hello all.

I've got a bit of bother at the moment with the gear shift on my 2001 R6 at the moment. The gears change OK when the bike is cool but if the bike gets really warm the it becomes really awful to shift gears. It's clunky as hell and requires quite of decent pull / push on the gear selector to get it to shift.

Trying to get the flippin thing into neutral is almost impossible. It'll go from second and clunk heavily straight down into first. Try going the other way and it's the same story going straight through neutral and into second :angry:

Any ideas what might be causing this??

Clutch dragging? Is it hydraulic or cable?