I need Advice!

D-Glock
This post is 5403 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I am new to this forum. I have been really interested in buying a used Yamaha R6, any year. I know that people wreck on these things all the time. What are the most important things I should look out for when looking at used R6's? Any advice would be super appreciated. As an example, I saw this bike, but I don't know about it...

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&a...d=4&cat=144

Thanks!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I am new to this forum. I have been really interested in buying a used Yamaha R6, any year. I know that people wreck on these things all the time. What are the most important things I should look out for when looking at used R6's? Any advice would be super appreciated. As an example, I saw this bike, but I don't know about it...

Thanks!

I personally would never buy a bike i know had been dropped, to me its like a crashed car, would probably never feel right, which on a bike, scares me.

How much would a clean example of a 2005 R6 cost over there? You need to take into consideration the price of that bike then the cost of sorting it.

Things to check when looking at 1 would be any signs of droping(not hard on the bike uve mentioned), but look at the crank casing, bar ends, levers and fairings, exhausts are also a good place to look for damage as these are never usually replaced after a fall, ecspecially if after market.

Also check the chain and rear sprocket look in good condition, if not, then these are good bargaining tools. Its just basic common sense, if it looks dodgy then 9 times outta 10 it will be.

Oh also check the fluid levels, oil, coolant and brake.

Ricky

Thanks!

You gotta look past the bullshit, ask yourself this. The bike has impact damage on the tank and the side panels are all scraped but the bars are fine? the exhaust is bent out of shape again probably needing an impact and the rear panels are out of line, subframe? again all the damage on the side but the rearsets are ok.

This hasn't been brought in on a truck just after the crunch. Someone, probably the pilot in the crash has been using it for a while and if your honest has started to fix it up and has realised just what it will cost to make it straight and outed it cheap.

Buy a minter with your money even if it is older. This is hiding more that its telling.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online