hey you ct-1 guys

This post is 5420 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all, was wondering if anyone knows of other heads that will fit my 69 ct1 175, have a mess of old dt 175 parts 74-76 era but haven't checked them yet. keep on yamadoggin

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

thanx foamy, that was my first thought . was wondering if any body had done a head swap on these before,as i hear they are hard to find

thanx foamy, that was my first thought . was wondering if any body had done a head swap on these before,as i hear they are hard to find

Knowing how lazy yamaha can be at times and the fact that you could actually get a 350 ypvs barrel on an early aircooled engine, it wont work but it will fit the studs so i'm told. You will probably find that apart from the shape of the head fins and possibly the internal combustion chamber shape any 175 head will drop on. Possibly right up to 81/2.

If you look at the manuals these engines are more evoloution than re invention so a lot of stuff didnt change bar ig systems and cosmetics.

i have noticed over time that these old yamaha bikes just kinda evolve from one another.in a way i always thought of the as the small block chevy of motorcycles. but i don't like chevy...........GIVE ME TWO WHEELS OR GIVE ME DEATH.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online