How do I get a photo on the forum ?

mike1949
This post is 5454 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Help me.

I would like to produce some photo's on my topic but I haven't a clue how to, bearing in mind I am 60 years old. My kids don't seem to want to help.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Mike,

Firstly you need somewhere on the web to host your pictures. If you have your own web space, great. If not you will need to join a free one like photobucket.com.

You put your pictures on photobucket and then link to them using the Insert image logo at the top of where you type in your posts. you then add the pictures to your post by putting in the web address something like

http://www.photobucket.com/blah/xxx.jpg

It sounds harder than it is.

Get the photobucket thing sorted and your pictures on there and come back and ask again.

Hi Mike,

Firstly you need somewhere on the web to host your pictures. If you have your own web space, great. If not you will need to join a free one like photobucket.com.

You put your pictures on photobucket and then link to them using the Insert image logo at the top of where you type in your posts. you then add the pictures to your post by putting in the web address something like

http://www.photobucket.com/blah/xxx.jpg

It sounds harder than it is.

Get the photobucket thing sorted and your pictures on there and come back and ask again.

You've totally lost me now. Not being a defeastist, put it in plain English language please.

Don't get me wrong, but I know how to put attachments on e.mails, but I do need help on this one.

Please bare with me.

You've totally lost me now. Not being a defeastist, put it in plain English language please.

Don't get me wrong, but I know how to put attachments on e.mails, but I do need help on this one.

Please bare with me.

Mike first go to the link i sent you, Goffs post about pics, Goff has given you the link to Photobucket, hit the link and open your own account

Ok the first thing is to get your photos on the web somewhere. They will not work if they are just on your pc. you need to upload them using a site like photobucket where they can be viewed. So open a photobucket account and follow the instructions there to get a single picture on that you can view online but not via this site.

Once you have done that come back if that is Ok?

Mike its actually been posted in the FAQ's Here If you need any help just ask... :D

Cheers old git I will have a go, but as I said what seems easy to you is complicated to me.

As my avitar shows I was in the RN when it was "rum, bum, and baccy" now it's "juke, jake and jive"

Cheers old git I will have a go, but as I said what seems easy to you is complicated to me.

As my avitar shows I was in the RN when it was "rum, bum, and baccy" now it's "juke, jake and jive"

YESSSS. got there in the end. Thanks to everybody that helped especially OG (thanks P)

This is my old petrol tank riddled with rust holes. New one would have cost £500.00. got a new one from E.bay for £60.00

IMGP0803.jpg

No stopping me now!

New tank from E.bay painted with underseal

IMGP0800.jpg

No stopping me now!

New tank from E.bay painted with underseal

IMGP0800.jpg

Hi Mike,

I guessed you've worked it out !!!

Regards Jim

Original bike on left with my old Honda CD250. Oh and the misses Cavalier.

280805-14.jpg

Original bike on left with my old Honda CD250. Oh and the misses Cavalier.

280805-14.jpg

Hi Mike

the wheelie bin looks nice !!! :lol:

Regards Jim

Hi Mike

the wheelie bin looks nice !!! :lol:

Regards Jim

Cheers Jim, I forgot to mention that, it's in racing green

Cheers Jim, I forgot to mention that, it's in racing green

as most of them are but they are raced to be emptied !! perhaps the colour needs to be changed ! :lol:

Regards Jim

as most of them are but they are raced to be emptied !! perhaps the colour needs to be changed ! :lol:

Regards Jim

Notice the absent of the wheelie bin. Also amongst the sharp eyed of you, you will notice that not only the change in weather but that the the missus's change of car. From Vauxhall cavalier to a Ford fiesta.

IMGP0729.jpg

Notice the absent of the wheelie bin. Also amongst the sharp eyed of you, you will notice that not only the change in weather but that the the missus's change of car. From Vauxhall cavalier to a Ford fiesta.

IMGP0729.jpg

heyho its Xmas .. who will notice the difference !!

Regards Jim

And yet I still uncovered it and went to work on it.

And yet I still uncovered it and went to work on it.

And so did I that day/week ( I must admit I used the Vespa) but as the HGV's could not be driven I was home (via the Vespa) just after nine ... but I did drive down the very steep hill and wobbled up it !!!

Regards Jim

The most annoying part was that I live 6 miles from work, I got to within 50 feet and stopped to push it around the last corner which was treacherous, I must have been doing only about 3 mph but as soon as I touched the front brake the bike just collapsed under me causing about £60.00 worth of damage, (new indicator and mirror).

The most annoying part was that I live 6 miles from work, I got to within 50 feet and stopped to push it around the last corner which was treacherous, I must have been doing only about 3 mph but as soon as I touched the front brake the bike just collapsed under me causing about £60.00 worth of damage, (new indicator and mirror).

Hi Mike

Thats Gutting !!!

Regards Jim

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online