is the new test??

bulldog25
This post is 5473 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi all

has the new test been called off again,

just i heard that it has been put back again ???

is this true if so how long for???

me m8 is putting in for his test and he is trying to find out??

any help :D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I think they are still going with the new style. Maybe so they can injure as many bikers as they can before the cars drivers can. I just rode around the block twice.

Official video here

Here

Looks really similar to the test that I took here in the U.S.

I was told that the smaller the bike, the easier it was to pass the manuvers.

when i went to take the test, there were plenty of scuffs in the pavement. (a testament to how many people really couldnt handle thier bikes like they thought they could)

I used my dt. and passed with 100%

the fella behind me rode his harley, he failed.

our course is really tight for space, and the larger your bike... the better your balance has to be.

I really think that we should have an on road test here in the states.

as current I think that a new driver (who has never had a car license) can get a cycle license without a on road test.

I think they are still going with the new style. Maybe so they can injure as many bikers as they can before the cars drivers can. I just rode around the block twice.

Official video here

Here

You got off light !!!

I had to do 4 trips around the block, emergency stop, and the slow speed walk next to the examiner walking. Which is a testiment (excuse the pun) as 31 years later a) Im still alive & B: I still have all limbs intact !

<_<

Regards Jim

yup its still there i did it on the 6th of this month its pice of piss on a 125cc but all the people on 500cc i sawe faild the monuvers

ohh and tell ure m8 not to give them his license send it off him self they have lost my license (paper and photo) i have the sertificates thank god that prove i have passed both parts so will have to sort that out now :angry:

yup its still there i did it on the 6th of this month its pice of piss on a 125cc but all the people on 500cc i sawe faild the monuvers

ohh and tell ure m8 not to give them his license send it off him self they have lost my license (paper and photo) i have the sertificates thank god that prove i have passed both parts so will have to sort that out now :angry:

That was unlucky ... last month I passed my class I LGV I gave the guy my old licence and the new one was returned within 2 weeks, but your loss may not be a loss as your new ticket may be in the post, unless the Taffs reakon you have not got an A ticket.

Regards Jim

You got off light !!!

I had to do 4 trips around the block, emergency stop, and the slow speed walk next to the examiner walking. Which is a testiment (excuse the pun) as 31 years later a) Im still alive & B: I still have all limbs intact !

<_<

Regards Jim

There was a skip lorry blocking the road so I had to wait. Shame really :lol:

I used to be a CBT examiner in London a long while ago. We had a guy who took his test and was a long while getting back in sight of the examiner. When asked he told the examiner that there was an accident so he had to wait. What really happened was he jumped a zebra crossing, got pulled over and nicked. and carried on after getting the paperwork from the police. He passed though.

There was a skip lorry blocking the road so I had to wait. Shame really :lol:

I used to be a CBT examiner in London a long while ago. We had a guy who took his test and was a long while getting back in sight of the examiner. When asked he told the examiner that there was an accident so he had to wait. What really happened was he jumped a zebra crossing, got pulled over and nicked. and carried on after getting the paperwork from the police. He passed though.

Poo happens !!

but I guess now that wouldnt happen !

Regards Jim

Poo happens !!

but I guess now that wouldnt happen !

Regards Jim

Now they can watch you.

I met up with my eldest son yesterday. His mate had just completed the "all in one week" test. He went out and brought a GSXR750. We were saying that it was a bad move. My son texed me today. His mate had come off and broken his foot. He is best man at a wedding on Thursday. They are not kids. My eldest is 27 this year.

BBC info on the new test.

Here

Now they can watch you.

I met up with my eldest son yesterday. His mate had just completed the "all in one week" test. He went out and brought a GSXR750. We were saying that it was a bad move. My son texed me today. His mate had come off and broken his foot. He is best man at a wedding on Thursday. They are not kids. My eldest is 27 this year.

BBC info on the new test.

Here

That is were the test is now wrong ... I did my test & tore the L plates off the RD200 and rode it for some time ... there was never an option (if you are over 25) to hire a smallish bike pass your test then get on something there is no chance you can handle.... jumping off my RD200 10 mins after I passed my test onto an XS1100 would have been a route to disaster .. I know I could have done it but I had to pay off the 200 b4 I could have anything else which gave some time learning how to ride with passengers and the extra points they make on riding. If I had just hired a bike for the test I would have been able to finance a large bike and perhaps live the finance agreement in my will !

Regards Jim

agreed i had a 50cc befor i got on the 125cc i was on it for 2 days then took my test rode it to my instructors house then got on my 50cc whent to my house jumped straight on my MT-03 and was off withthe wind. to be honest its a good job i had been on the bike with my dad befor and had expireanced the power allready and dident go over 65mph for the first few hours and have only just started to realy give it some and keepig more speed through the corners.

i think that we should be made to learn on 33bhp bikes because we can legaly ride them y not get taught on them ???

is it just a rumour that the new test is sponsored by you-tube ? :mellow:

is it just a rumour that the new test is sponsored by you-tube ? :mellow:

You could be right. I think there was a bidding war between you tube and youve been framed. Maybe the government needs to raise the tax on bike tests to account for all the additional hospital bills. I can't wait for the first person to take a centre to court for negligence. No win no fee anyone?

agreed i had a 50cc befor i got on the 125cc i was on it for 2 days then took my test rode it to my instructors house then got on my 50cc whent to my house jumped straight on my MT-03 and was off withthe wind. to be honest its a good job i had been on the bike with my dad befor and had expireanced the power allready and dident go over 65mph for the first few hours and have only just started to realy give it some and keepig more speed through the corners.

i think that we should be made to learn on 33bhp bikes because we can legaly ride them y not get taught on them ???

Perhaps the law is wrong if your 17 or 27 you will not pick up the concept of riding a bike of that power within a week with that in mind perhaps when you take the test on a 125 (for all) you have to stick with that for a time then move up to say 40bhp for another period of time then unlimited after maybe 2~4 years rather than 7 days in some cases (from no license to full). I went out & picked up the bikes from fatal accidents, when you could ride a 250 on L's, and tbh a lot of times it was down to rider inexperience (hence the 125 law) and it would appear all the good thoughts in altering the law have been forgotten, for some 7 days training puts an R1 on the road with the rider having no idea on how to ride it.

Regards Jim

.....I went out & picked up the bikes from fatal accidents, when you could ride a 250 on L's, and the a lot of times it was down to rider inexperience (hence the 125 law) and it would appear all the good thoughts in altering the law have been forgotten....

This is true as I had a 250 on L plates. But don't forget that the technology was not there either. The disc brakes did not work in the wet (to such a degree that I saw stickers on the forks saying "braking may be impaired in the wet"). Also the tyres were as hard as ceramic. Always an interesting ride on a 2 stroke 250 twin in the wet. There must be a lot of people walking around today who owe their lives to good tyres and brakes on moden bikes.

That being said, a test and then a hayabusa is not a good idea.

That being said, a test and then a hayabusa is not a good idea.

Hi,

that is my point ... no matter how good the brakes/tyres & steering are you do need some time on a limited performance bike in order to work out what to do next .... 500 Honda on training & test 70 mph max ... test passed .... the best part of 200mph the next day on the bike you have bought ( as you don't need to own a bike to pass a test). So perhaps the ablity to rent a bike to take a test on should be removed and the learning curve will come (unless your an MP then you can just write an hayabusa down to expenses :angry: )

Regards Jim

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online