We're boxed in

barkwindjammer
This post is 5451 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

been checking Flea-bay for millenia for one of these and some brastrad always beats me to it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36dYpDkQ1U4

:o

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Can't see YouTube. What is it, chap?

Its a pretty cool....but very fuckin odd....music box thingy - like the one in Hellraiser....

Its a pretty cool....but very fuckin odd....music box thingy - like the one in Hellraiser....

Hi Goff

What ever floats ur boat

Regards Jim

Why can you not view youtube works pc ?

Yep.

Thought so,

its a vid of a nice little music box

Regards Jim

No....actually...its not a "nice little music box"

Its called the Diviners Secret Window and often referrerd to as the Lament Configuration.

Legend has it that in 1784, France's greatest magician, Duc De L'Isle, commisioned toymaker, Philip LeMerchand, to make a mechanical puzzle box to a "very specific request". Upon its delivery, L'Isle then poured blood into a pentagram carved into the floor and uttered "Niktu Specular Suave" nine times. This caused the box to solve itself and opened a portal to hell that can now be accessed anytime that anyone solves the box........

It is believed the LeMarchand designed and created more than 270 boxes before his mysterious disappearance.

It is, of course, the stuff legends are made of, but as i said in my previous post.....very odd

And yeah - stuff like this does float my boat....... ;)

Its called the Diviners Secret Window and often referrerd to as the Lament Configuration.

Legend has it that in 1784, France's greatest magician, Duc De L'Isle, commisioned toymaker, Philip LeMerchand, to make a mechanical puzzle box to a "very specific request". Upon its delivery, L'Isle then poured blood into a pentagram carved into the floor and uttered "Niktu Specular Suave" nine times. This caused the box to solve itself and opened a portal to hell that can now be accessed anytime that anyone solves the box........

It is believed the LeMarchand designed and created more than 270 boxes before his mysterious disappearance.

It is, of course, the stuff legends are made of, but as i said in my previous post.....very odd

And yeah - stuff like this does float my boat.......

Hi Goff

Well,

thats beyond some one who has lived in the depths of Worcestershire for so long riding bikes etc and may become more noticable to some people other than me .... but we could chat on Jack in the Green which had somewhat more clout in the rual area that I come from as we did/do respect this figure

(its just a country thing)

Regards Jim

Hi Goff,

where does this come from

During the mid 1700's the Parisian salón, a gathering of social and intellectual figures normally held in the home of a wealthy noblewoman, was reaching its height in popularity. The average salón was a forum for discussion and debate, and also the place of most social interaction among the wealthy and elite.

Madame Chappieus, the wife of a French noble, was known to hold a highly popular salón in her husband's home while he was away on diplomatic business. Outwardly, this salón was no different than the others of the Paris scene. However, research has concluded that Madame Chappieus' salón was in fact only a front for celebrations of the most despicable kinds of debauchery. The wicked underground of Paris flocked to her doors to enter a world of decadence, orgy, and demonology.

this came from a seach on The Diviner's Secert Window ( http://www.pyramid-gallery.com/SecretWindow.html ) and tbh decadence, orgy and demonolgy do't do anything for me !

Regards Jim

Hi Goff,

where does this come from

During the mid 1700's the Parisian salón, a gathering of social and intellectual figures normally held in the home of a wealthy noblewoman, was reaching its height in popularity. The average salón was a forum for discussion and debate, and also the place of most social interaction among the wealthy and elite.

Madame Chappieus, the wife of a French noble, was known to hold a highly popular salón in her husband's home while he was away on diplomatic business. Outwardly, this salón was no different than the others of the Paris scene. However, research has concluded that Madame Chappieus' salón was in fact only a front for celebrations of the most despicable kinds of debauchery. The wicked underground of Paris flocked to her doors to enter a world of decadence, orgy, and demonology.

this came from a seach on The Diviner's Secert Window ( http://www.pyramid-gallery.com/SecretWindow.html ) and tbh decadence, orgy and demonolgy do't do anything for me !

Regards Jim

I'll take a wild guess that it probably came from the internet. :blink:

Having said that, the legend of the boxes have bugger all to do with decadence and orgies - it was recorded by LeMarchand that he had visited such an establishment and had given one of his boxes to Madame Chappieus.

The interest lies in how these boxes were constructed and the mystery that surrounds LeMarchand himself, NOTHING to do with orgies and the like......

MINE TOO ^_^

I have one of these boxes....but it has the Box set of DVD's for the Hellraiser Films in it :crylaugh: - not quite the desired outcome LeMarchand would have liked but hey ho...packaging sells! :lol:

Hi Goff

Well,

thats beyond some one who has lived in the depths of Worcestershire for so long riding bikes etc and may become more noticable to some people other than me .... but we could chat on Jack in the Green which had somewhat more clout in the rual area that I come from as we did/do respect this figure

(its just a country thing)

Regards Jim

and a Pagan / Wiccan thing....Ye Olde Jack...The Spirit of Nature, The Horned God...the Male deity.... :D and yes...that MY thing hehe....

Pretty cool, then!!!

Still prefer my Pulse Rifle :lol:

I'll take a wild guess that it probably came from the internet. :blink:

Having said that, the legend of the boxes have bugger all to do with decadence and orgies - it was recorded by LeMarchand that he had visited such an establishment and had given one of his boxes to Madame Chappieus.

The interest lies in how these boxes were constructed and the mystery that surrounds LeMarchand himself, NOTHING to do with orgies and the like......

Oh OK,

not anything I know anything about & it was just a search, but take into account my beginnings in a rural area this was not taught to us at all ... there after to private school & tbh this was focused turning you into the next MP/CEO gladly they failed..... I ended up doing the motorcycle examinations (city & guilds) an returning to a rural area until my grand parents died ... but thats another story ... sorry for my misaligned comments

Regards Jim

and a Pagan / Wiccan thing....Ye Olde Jack...The Spirit of Nature, The Horned God...the Male deity.... :D and yes...that MY thing hehe....

We used to have Jack's Day may Grandfather insisted on it .... he felt the country would not be reborn in the spring without it !

Regards Jim

Oh OK,

not anything I know anything about & it was just a search, but take into account my beginnings in a rural area this was not taught to us at all ... there after to private school & tbh this was focused turning you into the next MP/CEO gladly they failed..... I ended up doing the motorcycle examinations (city & guilds) an returning to a rural area until my grand parents died ... but thats another story ... sorry for my misaligned comments

Regards Jim

I too was brought up in a rural area, until the age of 11 when i went to private school as a boarder no less......

School on a saturday morning and regimented homework periods from 5pm till 7pm every night.....

I was not taught such things either........i chose to widen my horizons and search out what is not classed as "the norm"

I found an alternative lifestyle....and im still living....and loving it ;)

I too was brought up in a rural area, until the age of 11 when i went to private school as a boarder no less......

School on a saturday morning and regimented homework periods from 5pm till 7pm every night.....

I was not taught such things either........i chose to widen my horizons and search out what is not classed as "the norm"

I found an alternative lifestyle....and im still living....and loving it ;)

Hi Goff,

that cool you did better on the prep periods than I did .... by the age of 14 I was doing 6pm till 9pm & our sat morning was 4 periods followed by sport in the afternoon !!! (no escape !!!) and as you can guess I was a boarder too ! I went for motor cycles which again is not the norm but tbh I went there & disregarded anything else that my rural roots may have taught me !

Regards Jim

Hi Goff,

that cool you did better on the prep periods than I did .... by the age of 14 I was doing 6pm till 9pm & our sat morning was 4 periods followed by sport in the afternoon !!! (no escape !!!) and as you can guess I was a boarder too ! I went for motor cycles which again is not the norm but tbh I went there & disregarded anything else that my rural roots may have taught me !

Regards Jim

I HATED prep!! It was 5-7 for juniors, and 6-9 for seniors - then we'd have "sus" at 9.30pm which consisted of a glass of watery (and rather vile) orange juice and a biccie/oat cake/piece of shit tasting thing lol

Lights out was 10 - 11 on a weekend if you weren't going home or on a weekend visit.

Them were the days

And i went to Rishworth School in Yorkshire - right in the middle of freakin nowhere!