DT175MX, Help needed

Airhead
This post is 5461 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

With a 5 wire mag and a 6 wire CDI mine reads 296 Ohms. Unless I got the question wrong.

I am the Great DT'O Mind reader extraordinaire.

How close was I and would it be another 175 owner who ask'ed me? ;)

I am the Great DT'O Mind reader extraordinaire.

How close was I and would it be another 175 owner who ask'ed me? ;)

I think you did get the question wrong, I want the ohms reading from brown wire on the mag to black or chassis, but it needs to be a 7 wire mag and 7 wire CDI model.

Possibly. It is an '81 according to the reg but I don't know is the honest answer. I have looked at the CMSNL parts and mine doen't seem to match any exactly. It makes it difficult to order spares online as I don't know what changes were made each year. Mine has the oil tank on the offside (right facing forward). and the carb is the older one with the 4J6 needle. It may me a bitsa.

Hello, twas me that asked. I figured it couldn't hurt i wasn't sure which system was on the bike. I thought an extra head may help. Esp as in Loughborough he's half way between us.

Pssst ask his name OG.. :rolleyes: