toggle switch

mick22
This post is 5462 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have found a toggle switch located next to the pillion seat release key on my 2000 R1, I know the bike had a lot of work done to it ie quickshifter, dyno jet kit, ram air box when it was new in 2000.

Has anyone got an idea what this could be ??

The bike seems faster with the toggle swithch in the up position !!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

It's a defective motorcycle, utterly beyond repair and worthless.....

Send it to me and I will dispose of it in the approved, legal manner. :lol:;)

Placebo effect?

If you could trace the wire and tell us where it leads, it might give us a better idea.

Maybe a picture or two if you don't know what the "thing" the lead goes into is called. :D

The wire leads inside the front fairing on the rght hand side, without taking the fairing apart i dont know from there,

I tested it and at 6000 revs it adds 5 mph to the speed, and the acceleration is definetly quicker.

Some one at work has suggested it has a power commander on it, But i could nt see anything when i took the rider seat off.

Can the PC be mounted inside the fairing ??

The wire leads inside the front fairing on the rght hand side, without taking the fairing apart i dont know from there,

I tested it and at 6000 revs it adds 5 mph to the speed, and the acceleration is definetly quicker.

Some one at work has suggested it has a power commander on it, But i could nt see anything when i took the rider seat off.

Can the PC be mounted inside the fairing ??

I'm guessing you did this at the same spot, on a flat, in the same gear, with low or no wind..?

I think your guy at work is probably correct, assuming you did the aforementioned.

I've never installed a PC.. but I don't see why it couldn't be installed "inside" the fairing.