bigpete
This post is 5481 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi guys and girls i am a new member, i have just bought a restored yamaha rsx 100 and i love it and have just found that the brake light is permenanlty on!!! i have checked both switches and it still stays on when they are both disconnected does anyone have any ideas what may be causing it? its driving me mad.

i will post a pic when i find out how to do it

thanks

pete

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

they are both disconnected does anyone have any ideas

thanks

pete

----------- HI PETE . WELCOME . :) Try the bulb " sounds like its been installed incorrectly [power to earth ] if its on wen swiches disconnected ,, & IS THE LIGHTS ON. Wen this happening ?

they are both disconnected does anyone have any ideas

thanks

pete

----------- HI PETE . WELCOME . :) Try the bulb " sounds like its been installed incorrectly [power to earth ] if its on wen swiches disconnected ,, & IS THE LIGHTS ON. Wen this happening ?

hi blackhat thanks for responding, when i turn the lights on the brake light is permenently on, i have checked the bulb and both the elements are glowing. the bulb is in correct, it was fine when i parked it up last night its starting to drain my battery now because i always ride with my lights on during the day as a precaution all the other electrics are fine

pete

disconnect the earth lead and if its still on you have a short to earth.

but if it goes out, trace the earth lead back till you find a chafed wire.

BTW :welcome: to the forum. and can you post in the workshop or classics section please?

drewps

BTW :welcome: to the forum. and can you post in the workshop or classics section please?

drewps

yeah sorry, i will try the earth wire as soon as i can find it not loking forward to going right through the wiring loom :unsure:

drewps

well done drewps ... i was heading that direction . btw, did u ;ike the poster for Foamy [ jawa] :lol:

well done drewps ... i was heading that direction . btw, did u ;ike the poster for Foamy [ jawa] :lol:

yeah, good one I think foamy appreciated it!! ;)

i have removed the back light but left it wired up but it is still on

did you undo the black earth?