Cornering Tires

Heather
This post is 5485 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I'm looking for opinions on the best tires for someone into extreme cornering. The people I ride with all swear by Michelin Pilot Power 2CTs. Any other suggstions?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
I'm looking for opinions on the best tires for someone into extreme cornering. The people I ride with all swear by Michelin Pilot Power 2CTs. Any other suggstions?
Geday, PP2ct is the best front tyre I have used and Continental Sport Attack in compound C is the best rear tyre I have used. Currently running a new Continental Motion on the rear of my blackbird and it has fantastic lateral grip for a lower end of the range tyre. Don't know if it would develop the same lateral grip on a lighter machine. If money and poor mileage is of little concern Pirellies and the new super soft Bridgestones would be hard to beat. The beauty of PP2cts on the front is that they grip as good as any other front tyre that you can get but they also wear well and are around your normal front tyre purchase price. The compound layout is different to the rear and,IMO, the rear is not as good however plenty of people out there love the rears as well. I don't know how much wet weather riding you do but the Sport attack on the rear seems also to be a better rain tyre. Conti also do a Race Attack that is approved for road use but your cornering would have to be really out there on the street to justify fitting them. From what I have seen ultra extreme cornering on public roads eventually leads to ultra extreme death. HAVE A BLAST! Paul.

Thanks i'll look into those. I pretty well ride my corners right to the edge of the tire so I'm interested to see how these grip. The bike has a bridgestone battleaxe tire on the rear and the tire seems to be good for nothing more then drifting, as it has a pretty flat center and in the corners it loses grip, it's a very hard compound tire too.

I must say I agree with your friends, 2CTs are great for hard street riding, that’s what I’ve been using, and my friend on a Kaw 636 just fitted them on and he says he will be using them from now on.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online