Extreme motorway riding

mike1949
This post is 5482 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Rode on the M4 yesterday in extreme wind conditions 2 up. Kuuuriste was that scary, anybody with similar experiences ?

Also have had extreme rain on the M5 where I couldn't see ten feet in front of me, had to stop under a motorway bridge, always wondered if a cop stopped would he have done me?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Rode on the M4 yesterday in extreme wind conditions 2 up. Kuuuriste was that scary, anybody with similar experiences ?

Also have had extreme rain on the M5 where I couldn't see ten feet in front of me, had to stop under a motorway bridge, always wondered if a cop stopped would he have done me?

I stopped under a motorway bridge during a snow storm it was safer than riding. But if a cop got snotty I could claim the engine cut out with the snow :blink:

Been there, done that. I never stopped, though - Just adjusted my riding to allow for the conditions.

If a cop did get snotty, just argue that you didn't feel safe to continue so you were waiting for conditions to improve. Just be sure you'd stopped somewhere safe.

Worst iv been in was on the A66 from Penrith to Scotch Corner over the top of the lakes... Absolute shit storm! Hahaha was having to lean like i was taking a corner to stay in a straight line... Horizontal Rain with the passing lorries giving me the added hose pipe treatment! Wouldn't of been so bad if i had some decent waterproofs on and on something a bit more suitable than an R6... All good fun though eh..!

i had very similar in 1980 coming back from cheddar ,p ing it down ,no visibility then the rectifier jacked on my mates rd 250 he had no lights then, so had to ride slightly to the side but to the rear so he could see where he was going and to protect the rear, wet and cold but he ho thats life on two wheels people ,, have a good day guys