1st bike?

yammie girl
This post is 4147 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

@Yammiegirl: I thought once she does her CBT she can ride 125s??

@axl: Yeah man, that bike is sweet looking! But I still prefer the R6......hehehe But I wouldn't mind one of those TZR50 to piss around in if I was GIVEN one! :lol:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John.......Yea I know what you mean, it's a bit better than going around in a Nissan Micra!

Yammie..........Are you saying you ride like looney or summit, how long have you had your cat?. Cause if it's quite while (as in a couple of years) it looks in bloody good nick to me.

@YamaHead: Yeah, the TZR50 looks like a little baby R6 or R1! :lol:

@Yammiegirl: oops......I forgot you have to be 17......hehe and I'm doing my motorcycle theory test tomorrow aswell! :lol:

i was the only girl i knew who could wheelie a moped

shortly followed by a thud

:shock: :lol:, yea the ground's quite hard innit!, I used to the same on mine, I went through chain's n sprocket's no end.

Ah, the day's the day's.

I'll tell ya all somethin', Iv'e not wheelied the YZF yet :roll:

I kinda tried a couple of day's ago, and made an arse of it :? , the last bike I wheelied (quite alot) was my CR500 the x'r my god :shock: .

Mind you even after ridin it for 15min's my arse was fekn numb!, the seat was just for "decoration", cause how many time's really does a moto cross rider actually site on their seats, not alot!

GAHAAHAHHAHAHHHHHHHHHHH more misguidence given on 50's i just answer 2 other fourms with more or less the same question as this. ok here goes, u want a road bike his your options

aprilla: RS50

rieju: rs1 or rs2 matrix

mosphina: rx50

mbk: tzr50 rep (and alot cheaper, looks the exact same thing and preforms the same etc)

yamaha: tzr50

purgeot: comtply forgot the name but im sure they do one

thats about it for race reps, ill put more on when i think of them. now ive only rode the rs50, rx50, and tzr out of those and imo there about the same. tzr though for some strange reason the other day managed to win on top speed by a few mph (12-13 of my mates have moped class bikes thats how i get away with having a go on so many diffrent types :shock: :D ) but for looks and preformance there all about the same, ive heard getting parts for the aprilla is a bitch and can take upto 7months if its a part they need to make. rieju parts for me (i own a rieju spike) are a bitch to get as well. bt when i order them stright from rieju they come the next day which is superb! mosphina, its an alright ride tbh, can reall fault it but ive only had a couple of goes and didnt know the guy personally :/ mbk ive never rode but ive never heard bad of it. i know someone who owns an mbk scooter which is a rep of the yamahas areox and its exactly the same all the way though tbh. tzr50, my of mine just got a 04 reg one, nice little bike, slow on acceleration but just the other day managed to beat me top speed.

this is what else i wrote on other fourms

i've had a go on alot of geared 50's (most of my mates have em all lol). a few things i noted were, the feel of a sports rep 50 does not feel as fast on acceleration than a crosser, although they are the same, the debris are not as fast on acceleration as the mineralli am6 engines (ie, rs50 rx50 all the riejus moshphina's to) but the gear box in the am6 engines are terrible, clutch is horrible and there is a neutral in between every gear. but they do have a lot of top end. generally depending of weather, the sports bikes will have 1 or perhaps 2 mph on the crossers top speed but very hard to judge as the crossers get there much faster. if you ever take it on private land to practise things like wheelies and stopies sport bikes are no good. 1 more thing, a sports rep will look sweet when its standing still, but you will get laughed at as soon as the engine is started, crossers with a decent exhaust sound alright and how they are meant to when started up even though they don't have the sports look. 50's reliable? not a chance, but you will find that you engine is the bit (well am6 engines anyway) which is least likely to break, you will always eat though chain and sprockets when derestricted and restricted and you will probably find a load of niggly little things which goes wrong but they all add up in the end. hope this helps in some way.

there is no best 50, they are all about the same with slight differences. everyone who tells you the rs50 is the faster with 1230 mph or the rx is super quick and they get like 3000mph out of it etc etc is all bs. no standard 50cc bike will do more than 50-55 mph real speed flat landing, as the clocks are so far out (my rieju spike for instance says i'm doing 60 even though its achully just under 50mph or so). so go for looks or type of riding style, if your tall or want to travel far, crosser. if you want looks to show off to the girlies, go for a sports rep.

hope all this helps, if u got ne questions just ask, i do know a little bit bout 50's :)

oh no she wants a bike its just there are more scooters around!!

i dont seem to be able to find a 50 thats not an of roader

the new tzr50 is a little r6 very nice looking bike

GAHAAHAHHAHAHHHHHHHHHHH more misguidence given on 50's i just answer 2 other fourms with more or less the same question as this. ok here goes, u want a road bike his your options

aprilla: RS50

rieju: rs1 or rs2 matrix

mosphina: rx50

mbk: tzr50 rep (and alot cheaper, looks the exact same thing and preforms the same etc)

yamaha: tzr50

purgeot: comtply forgot the name but im sure they do one

thats about it for race reps, ill put more on when i think of them. now ive only rode  the rs50, rx50, and tzr out of those and imo there about the same. tzr though for some strange reason the other day managed to win on top speed by a few mph (12-13 of my mates have moped class bikes thats how i get away with having a go on so many diffrent types :shock: :D ) but for looks and preformance there all about the same, ive heard getting parts for the aprilla is a bitch and can take upto 7months if its a part they need to make. rieju parts for me (i own a rieju spike) are a bitch to get as well. bt when i order them stright from rieju they come the next day which is superb!  mosphina, its an alright ride tbh, can reall fault it but ive only had a couple of goes and didnt know the guy personally :/ mbk ive never rode but ive never heard bad of it. i know someone who owns an mbk scooter which is a rep of the yamahas areox and its exactly the same all the way though tbh. tzr50, my of mine just got a 04 reg one, nice little bike, slow on acceleration but just the other day managed to beat me top speed.

this is what else i wrote on other fourms

i've had a go on alot of geared 50's (most of my mates have em all lol). a few things i noted were, the feel of a sports rep 50 does not feel as fast on acceleration than a crosser, although they are the same, the debris are not as fast on acceleration as the mineralli am6 engines (ie, rs50 rx50 all the riejus moshphina's to) but the gear box in the am6 engines are terrible, clutch is horrible and there is a neutral in between every gear. but they do have a lot of top end. generally depending of weather, the sports bikes will have 1 or perhaps 2 mph on the crossers top speed but very hard to judge as the crossers get there much faster. if you ever take it on private land to practise things like wheelies and stopies sport bikes are no good. 1 more thing, a sports rep will look sweet when its standing still, but you will get laughed at as soon as the engine is started, crossers with a decent exhaust sound alright and how they are meant to when started up even though they don't have the sports look. 50's reliable? not a chance, but you will find that you engine is the bit (well am6 engines anyway) which is least likely to break, you will always eat though chain and sprockets when derestricted and restricted and you will probably find a load of niggly little things which goes wrong but they all add up in the end. hope this helps in some way. 

there is no best 50, they are all about the same with slight differences. everyone who tells you the rs50 is the faster with 1230 mph or the rx is super quick and they get like 3000mph out of it etc etc is all bs. no standard 50cc bike will do more than 50-55 mph real speed flat landing, as the clocks are so far out (my rieju spike for instance says i'm doing 60 even though its achully just under 50mph or so). so go for looks or type of riding style, if your tall or want to travel far, crosser. if you want looks to show off to the girlies, go for a sports rep.

hope all this helps, if u got ne questions just ask, i do know a little bit bout 50's :)

the only two there tahat are worth having because they are well known names are just yamaha and peugeot and i still wouldnt go on the peugeot the aprillias are shite in 50 form and the rest are foriegn crap i know some of them have yammie motors in them but it its chepley put together imports

• 4 years later...

Well i was 16 in feb and bought a 2004 tzr 50.

took me a while to get hold of a good one within 100 miles of the north east!

ALL parts can be orderd from my Local yamaha dealer but for a large price.....

Alot of parts can be found on ebay.

iv had nothing but bother with my tzr tho, They need alot of lookin after for a first bike.

Hope that helps.... Anything els... just ask :)

You young'uns don't know just how lucky you are!!! Back in the dim and distant past (c1986) this Tomos Moped was my mode of transport at 16..... my mate had a Fizzy Chicken (Yamaha FS1e) and another one had a Honda Step-Thru C50. Heavy metal was the music of choice at the time so we were dolled up in leather like Hells Angels. (Studded leather jackets with cut-off denim jackets over the top..) Stop laughing!!

(Actally, it seems really sad now - but hey, we weren't the ones stuck with abysmal public transport - we could go where we wanted!!!!)

Tomos.jpg

(Yes, this was the thing me and a mate did 800 miles in 6 days on......ROADTRIP!!!! lol)

fizzychicken.jpg

c50.jpg

Wish we had the choice you guys do...... except for the damn Chava Hair Dryers (aka scooters).

Ah, memories...... :lol:

p.s. Can't find Tomos dealers in the UK any more from a quick Google, but they seem to be available in the States for about 800 quid!!!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online