1979 Yamaha GT80 WONT START

This post is 5513 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

bought it sunday! Drove it monday ran fine! tuesday the bike wouldnt run i cleaned the carb the carb is getting fuel the spark plug is sparking and it turns over when u kick! i have tried to push start it and it didnt work. does anyone know why it wouldnt be working? its not a seized piston is it? im so confused on why it wont start

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

if it turns over then its not a seized piston, could be lack of compression although i doubt it if you said you had it running monday

is the spark plug wet on the end? (indicating fuel in the chamber) if not it could be soiled reed blocks that have just gunked up, try adding a couple of teaspoons of premix petrol into the chamber through the spark plug hole and see if you can get it to fire that way

usually a good bump-start can get any bike running, i assume your doing it the "Foamy" way by putting it in second, holding the clutch in, running down the road like a looney before dropping the clutch and running/pushing the bike along... and if that bike is a jawa, repeating the process 5 or 6 times before getting bored and buggering off inside to have a warm cup of coffee

i am using the choke lol....... i will check to see if the reed blocks are soiled? the garage is trashed lol so im gonna clean it up big time tommrow and work on the bike this weekend so if yall can leave me some helpfull post advice on what to look at let me know lol any advice on getting it to start would help... i was thinking it may be an electrical problem somewhere else grounding it out after the spark but i dont know how that would happen so if anyone can leave me some ideas to look into please do im workintg on it this weekend

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online