1991 TZR 125

BillingTZR
This post is 5525 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I had this delivered earlier, needs the original engine rebuilt, it has a DT engine but that hasn't got the right electrical connections so doesn't run ='[

Photo-0249.jpg

Photo-0250.jpg

Photo-0251.jpg

Photo-0252.jpg

I'll be posting up any progress I make on sunday as I work tuesday, friday and saturday and am at college on the other 3 week days.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Just ordered a cylinder head and base gasket, went genuine yamaha and it ended up costing £15 I had 2 hours to kill before work the other day so got the spare engine out and stripped the back end down

Photo-0253.jpg

Photo-0254.jpg

Photo-0255.jpg

Photo-0256.jpg

I'm thinking of buying some braided brake lines when I get paid =] some red Goodridge items should go nicely with the red and white paint scheme I'm intending to use. Any other simple mods I can do to make the bike better? Don't want anything that will make it any less reliable though.

I intend to have the plastics and tank sprayed plain white and then get a full decal set :D

Does anyone have any advice on torquing the cylinder down to the crank case? I can't get the 12mm socket in there, let alone a wrench too! should I just do it by feel till it feels tighter than the head (base 20 lb.ft head is 16 lb.ft) also my thermostat is missing =S how much are new ones?

Got the old engine back in =] having a bit of trouble finding out which pipes go on which connections =S but I'll figure it out tuesday =]

Photo-0280.jpg

Photo-0281.jpg

How will not having a thermostat affect the engine? should I get one just to be safe? My spare engine has one so I might borrow it when I test the engine out next week end :)

Awsome bike, that was my first real bike (after the YB100 I crashed and bent about 10 times). I never had any trouble with mine and it would stop on a six pence.

Good luck mate, if you can get the kit to derestrict it they go like a rocket. Don't just turn the valve round because you'll lose all the bottom end, try to get one of the kits that turns it gradually as you rev it, they make the world of difference

Awesome =] I'm not interested in spending loads of money on it just yet, little problem, theres 3 pipes coming out of the oil pump cover =S ones the feed pipe from the tank, ones the feed pipe to the carb and there a 3rd on with a pinky/orange pipe coming out of it =S is this a return pipe to the oil tank? or some sort of breather for the pump? or the 3rd option is some sort of pipe from the water pump that I've missed =S I'll post up a pic of the side in a minute with the pipe im on about. really need an answer from someone who knows for sure what the answer is and i need it asap so i can get the bike running.

Edit: I already posted this pic, theres definately 3 pipes from the oil pump.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online