Authenticity in the v-twin stable.

x-jayney
This post is 5536 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Still dont make sense to me :unsure:

I see: that was Drewpy being cheeky ... I had left a reply to one of your comments, and then realised I had other comments to add to that, and instead of going back to my first reply and adding it to that, I opened up another comment box ... and so, it looked as though I was commenting on one of my own quotes: which I wasn't!

I am outta here!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Aw no, not another Harleys Rule, everything else is crap debate, is it?

Let me settle it - Harleys are shite for TWO main reasons - They cost a fucking bomb and their customer service staff are wankers.

1/. For the price of a reasonable Harley I could have three (count 'em) reasonable nick Jap Cruisers.

I'm sorry if owning a cheaper bike that does the same thing makes them think me me a lesser human being than a genuine Harley rider, but for the 69p it'd cost me to put a .45ACP round through their skull it's something I think they can forget.

2/. Harley customer services are shite. This remark from someone who actually works there. The claim is that she cannot do anything to resolve a customer's issue if the dealership won't cough up the cash to rectify it. Typically they won't, so the customer gets shafted. It's a cash cow and nothing more.

Aw no, not another Harleys Rule, everything else is crap debate, is it?

Let me settle it - Harleys are shite for TWO main reasons - They cost a fucking bomb and their customer service staff are wankers.

1/. For the price of a reasonable Harley I could have three (count 'em) reasonable nick Jap Cruisers.

I'm sorry if owning a cheaper bike that does the same thing makes them think me me a lesser human being than a genuine Harley rider, but for the 69p it'd cost me to put a .45ACP round through their skull it's something I think they can forget.

2/. Harley customer services are shite. This remark from someone who actually works there. The claim is that she cannot do anything to resolve a customer's issue if the dealership won't cough up the cash to rectify it. Typically they won't, so the customer gets shafted. It's a cash cow and nothing more.

Taskmaster ... it was not a Harleys Rule debate. It was an 'intentionally put the cat amongst the pigeons and see what reaction I get' debate. It was a way of amusing myself as a distraction from a gruelling essay I should have been writing. I was having a bit of fun. I attempted to 'liven up' the forum momentarily ... and we can always rely on that type of debate to stir things up a bit.

And, from personal experience ... ALL bike dealers are out to make a profit: aren't they? I thought that was what businesses were in business for: 1. to provide a service to those who need it AND 2. to make a profit. In short: no profit = no point!

X-Jayney, as the post's have been edited out, it's very difficult to have any sort of say now, and a level debate is impossible.

A lively debate is good, but the whole Hogg thing is a bit like the Jaffa, Cake of Biscuit debate.... :o too emotive!

Probably best to let sleeping dog carry on dreaming, don't you think?? :zzz:

Gas up - old timer quoted the whole original post so you can get the jist from there

Although why its been edited i have no idea................... :blink:

X-Jayney, as the post's have been edited out, it's very difficult to have any sort of say now, and a level debate is impossible.

A lively debate is good, but the whole Hogg thing is a bit like the Jaffa, Cake of Biscuit debate.... :o too emotive!

Probably best to let sleeping dog carry on dreaming, don't you think?? :zzz:

Gas-up ... I hadn't realised just how sensitive folk really are about the whole issue ... the sensitivity surrounding it all is quite interesting in itself.

Yes, you could be right ... I edited it out ... it had 'had its moment'. It doesn't affect me as I exist in both 'camps' and not just one or the other.

Ending it here is good! B)

Taskmaster ... it was not a Harleys Rule debate. It was an 'intentionally put the cat amongst the pigeons and see what reaction I get' debate.

And you seem surprised that you get a 'Fuck Off' attitude.

Kinda like if I'd started the whole 'women do not belong on bikes' debate....

And, from personal experience ... ALL bike dealers are out to make a profit: aren't they? I thought that was what businesses were in business for: 1. to provide a service to those who need it AND 2. to make a profit. In short: no profit = no point!

Notice how few people actually bother buying expensive Harleys.

Notice how few people actually spend £70 on underwear that says, "Harley Davidson".

It's a rich man's thing and enough people don't care about (or aren't even aware that they are) paying well over the odds for decent customer service that Harley continue to make a very tidy profit.

It's a club that excludes people who cannot afford them. They're no better or worse than any other bike, but people don't like being reminded that they can't be part of the club simply because they're poor.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online