First bike in 15 years! Going to look at R6 tomorrow..advise

Colie
This post is 7257 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

...Any thing to look out for....

15,000 miles

2000 YAMAHA R6, 2000, X reg.

Candy blue, new MOT and tyres, double bubble screen, stunning bike, must be seen, meta alarm.. £3,795 . :?

r6.jpg

comments please..

Colie

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Car's :lol: :wink:.........

Nah, seriously mate there bloody good bikes but sorry I tell you much about them ain't never had one. And the only guy I know with one, I hardly see him at all.

I'd think there just as good as anything else Yam have built, no doubt someone will be along to tell the good/bad about them, If you do get just enjoy it :wink:

15 years... dont be a statistic, that bike is the devil!! :P

'

:twisted:

i used to be an instructor.... :twisted: :evil: :D :shock:

.should be a giggle then!!!

'

:twisted:

i used to be an instructor.... :twisted: :evil: :D :shock:

.should be a giggle then!!!

15 years ago!!! :oops: :oops: :shock:

• Admin

If the plastics look extraordinary good, check out for any tale tale hints that the bike has been raced, look out for any marks on the frame etc. Make sure the wheels are inline, check for general damage clues i suppose is the main thing

jep. and drive it _properly_ ! every gear accel / motorbrake. look carefully to second gear changes. in case you find any neutrals more than the one there should be, forget it. othervise than that... its an avesome bike!

15 years?! then look out for death while riding that beast :P

1 thing i remeebr someone saying is check the chain. if its not been looked after then tbh, u think hes going to of looked after the rest of the bike if he cant look after a chain?

I dunno....I reckon I'm one of the very few Bikers who really look after a chain.

I've seen R1's, Gixxer Thous etc with bone dry chains. And when I mention it to the fashion victim....sorry, I mean rider, they always say..."I don't bother with that cos it makes my bike dirty!" :roll:

• Admin

Looks nice mate 8) Love your car too well jealous i had to decide on either an accident damaged Evo 7 RS2 which i was going to get my dads mates body shop to sort out or go travelling :?

I still sort of think i should have done the work on the Evo but travelling swung it in the end, dont think i could have lived with the nagging if i choose one of the other options :roll:

alexasigno, thanks Bud.....evo or travelling...hmmm....if you're young, traveling...if you're older Both (low Insurance - relatively that is... :shock: ) !!! :lol:

• Admin

Yeah it was a very very tuff decision, mind you my girlfriend said that she will let me buy a 04 r1 when we get back after i paid off my debt! How nice of her :lol:

Yeah it was a very very tuff decision, mind you my girlfriend said that she will let me buy a 04 r1 when we get back after i paid off my debt! How nice of her  :lol:
:P:lol:

• Admin

Wasnt just me then, that thought i was lucky :? :lol::lol:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online