Best way to sell?

wild foamy
This post is 5569 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi everyone.

whats the best way to sell my DT50?, i dont want to try ebay because they have all these buy it now fees, final value fees, reserve fees, starting price fees e.t.c and there is no guarantee i will get a good price for it and i dont want to sell it for £150 and then be left with no transport and not enough money for another bike.

Ad Trader charges £6 per ad and has a 40 word limit, so that is pretty much ruled out of the equation. is there any cheap advertising media that is well-known and gets a lot of views that i could post my ad on?

ive posted an add in the for sale section and on some small free advertising websites but i doubt i will get any response.

any ideas?

- Steve

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 2 weeks later...

its now on adtrader aswell

dtwontrun: details sent via PM, additional info and pics can be found in the for sale section

I put my last bike on the big bike sales sites in Oz (bikepoint.com.au, bikesales.com.au) and also in several forums, the Trading Post (paper), gumtree and eBay.

I had about 30 enquires... and almost every single one was from eBay. You can do a Classified ad rather than an auction - this may be what you're after. You put your price and can even have a 'best offer' which is hidden from buyers. If you have $5000 on a bike, they might make an offer of $4k, you can counter it with $4500, and you might have a sale. You only pay to list the bike (AUD$19.95, where listing on the bike sites was AUD$40 each).

Might be helpful?