licenses

ginger0195
This post is 5590 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i'm shortly to become 17 and have heard all sorts of stories as to what licenses i can get and which bikes i can ride on them. i just need a bit of clarification over the issue. I have my provisional license and have done my cbt at the moment

regards

adam

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

CBT: on a provisional licence, can ride 50cc at 16 or 125cc at 17.

Full motorcycle test: take your full test at 17 and ride any bike restricted to 33bhp for 2 years, after those 2 years you can ride any bike unrestricted

how much do you think it costs to have a bike restricted to 33 break? this is probably blasphemy on this sight but i was thinking zxr400, unless anyone can think of a better yammy 400?

usually most bike dealers will sell the restriction kits and sometimes even fit them for a charge.

with a 400 you probably wont need a restrictor as it is close enough to the 33bhp limit that most people dont bother

how much do you think it costs to have a bike restricted to 33 break? this is probably blasphemy on this sight but i was thinking zxr400, unless anyone can think of a better yammy 400?

usually most bike dealers will sell the restriction kits and sometimes even fit them for a charge.

with a 400 you probably wont need a restrictor as it is close enough to the 33bhp limit that most people dont bother

a zxr400 is about 55bhp (as are all the sports 4 cyl jap bikes) so you may need to restrcit it.