XT250 mirrors

cookie
This post is 3842 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just ordered a new RH mirror from the USA for my XT250G 1980 to finsh the restoration project and it has arrived, is the right part number, but has what appears to be an M8 LH thread, but the handlebar clamp seems to be M10 - not sure if LH or RH.

Does anyone know if there is an insert missing from the clamp as the other side appears to be the same size and I don't want to order the other hand and find that doesn't fit either.

Thanks Nick

• 4 years later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I had the same thing with a non genuine set of mirrors for my XT500. Sometimes it seems the pirate manufacturers don`t realise Yamaha have opposite threads for the mirrors. So left side screwed right on..right side didn`t. I returned them and got another set.

Most bikes (I think) have a left and right hand thread on the mirrors it's just the way it is. Someone on here a while ago had a theory or fact about why that is I'm sure they will be along shortly to share.

Usually on Yamaha's the bit that screws into the handlebar clamp on the RH side i.e throttle side will be a LH thread and on the the LH side will be a RH thread. I think the reason why they did this was as you are moving forward and the mirror should hit something then the mirror should unscrew rather then tighten up and break the clamp.

Tony

These should be the correct ones your fitting so no adapter as they screw into the clamp,

The ones on my lads restored XT are original items that came as standard on the bike.

IMG_1327_zps3508d044.jpg

IMG_1329_zpsd8a96126.jpg

TTB

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online