Cleaning the chrome!

stevie16v
This post is 5688 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The sr 125 i have bought needs a little bit of work to the wheels, I have polished them but there is still some black spots etc. Does anyone have any advice on how to get them back to as original finish as possible?

wire wool and solvol autosol, or rechrome them

Be careful with the wire wool - depends on which one you get as there is different levels of abrasiveness

Ive got some 0000 wire wool, the finest sh*t you can get :D

Works wonders, if its difficult to work on, use some wd40 on the wool (but make sure you clean it throughly after)

Be careful with the wire wool - depends on which one you get as there is different levels of abrasiveness

Ive got some 0000 wire wool, the finest sh*t you can get :D

Works wonders, if its difficult to work on, use some wd40 on the wool (but make sure you clean it throughly after)

Cheers. im off work today so i'll nip in and get some. I had put a wee drop of Kurust on a part of it, had a look last night and it looks miles better. Just needs a little mroe elbow grease i think!

The sr 125 i have bought needs a little bit of work to the wheels, I have polished them but there is still some black spots etc. Does anyone have any advice on how to get them back to as original finish as possible?

hi if u use vaseline with the wire wool it eventually works out the pits and the vaseline will prevent the wool from scratching the chrome aswell it works well m,y fz had been stood for 4 years the exhaust was in bad condition till i spent couple of days on it with the wool and vaseline

hi if u use vaseline with the wire wool it eventually works out the pits and the vaseline will prevent the wool from scratching the chrome aswell it works well m,y fz had been stood for 4 years the exhaust was in bad condition till i spent couple of days on it with the wool and vaseline

so that's the other use for vaseline!!! :D

I know a girl who thinks of ghosts

She'll make ya breakfast

She'll make ya toast

She don't use butter

She don't use cheese

She don't use jelly

Or any of these

She uses va..a...aaa..seline

Sorry, couldn't help it. :lol:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online