silver paint

chip2222
This post is 5621 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

Ive got a 98 thundercat andc to be honest the paint isnt all that good, so with yet another winter aproching fast i was hoping to touch up the paint a bit but i dont know where to get the paint from?

Im after the silver for the swing arm and engine covers and also the black for the tank.

Any ideas????

Cheers

Joe

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi all,

Ive got a 98 thundercat andc to be honest the paint isnt all that good, so with yet another winter aproching fast i was hoping to touch up the paint a bit but i dont know where to get the paint from?

Im after the silver for the swing arm and engine covers and also the black for the tank.

Any ideas????

Cheers

Joe

you can buy chrome paint from b&q dont know how good it is but heard a few people useing it..

hgope this helps!

How about Hamerite?

I've used silver on the side engine cases and black on both the down pipe and head.

They can withstand heat quite well, can be painted over rust and you can get various finishes (different pots have different finishes)

• 1 month later...

I used Honda Vogue Silver from Halfords, its was a damn good match, primed, painted and laquered swing arm while still attatched to bike. I also used this to paint the engine casing at the side where oil filling cap is, not had it on long enough to see if it will withstand heat but recommended for swing arms.

yambits sell silver on ebay or via the shop

YAMAHA TY80 TY50 TY REPLACES PJ1 SILVER ENGINE PAINT

pj1 factory burned down and they've stopped producing their excellent paint :tearhair:

How about Hamerite?

I've used silver on the side engine cases and black on both the down pipe and head.

They can withstand heat quite well, can be painted over rust and you can get various finishes (different pots have different finishes)

Get the real stuff, I`ve used Hamerite in the past, both on crank case and down pipes,

Nice Finnish but dose Peel in the end, Mark.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online