YZF R125

Geordie83
This post is 4955 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

For looks the Rossi style one wins hands down Link

Dude for the worship of the Rossi fair play but for the price!!!! Thats dirty.

For the ease of 125 life get good rubber and get the forks and shock sorted, 125's are all about carrying wot precious speed you have,sorting your chassis and brakes make a big difference all round. ;)

(wacking a 250 crosser engine in it would make a sound improvement)

• 3 weeks later...

Got a scorpion can for £217 just waiting to be fitted :D

fit it yourself its pretty easy

Havn't even fitted it yet and the baffle is out mate :P Was a toss up between this,the devil and the leo vince but the scorpion can I put on my baby vara makes such a sexy noise :lol: Will stick pics up straight after i've done it tomorrow morning.

Right took me two hours to completely strip the bike down, give it a bloody good wash and fit the exhaust (and found alot of lines that are not connected to anything dangling about :unsure: ) I wasn't expecting alot of noise as its a tiny little single cylinder thing, you cant go by the youtube vids at all as they all sound pretty much the same (crap) and had the baffel in to break the exhaust in a bit. Oh lord. It sounds sweet! My baby vara has a scorpion can but its not half as loud as this baby :D Not doing the excited teenager who's 125 now sounds like a proper bike bit but lord, it does! Ran it next to my dads zzr600 with micron cans and mine sounds soooo much better! :lol:

Pics tomorrow as I havn't the energy to whack all the fairings back on today.

Get the scorpion ;)

Right took me two hours to completely strip the bike down, give it a bloody good wash and fit the exhaust (and found alot of lines that are not connected to anything dangling about :unsure: ) I wasn't expecting alot of noise as its a tiny little single cylinder thing, you cant go by the youtube vids at all as they all sound pretty much the same (crap) and had the baffel in to break the exhaust in a bit. Oh lord. It sounds sweet! My baby vara has a scorpion can but its not half as loud as this baby :D Not doing the excited teenager who's 125 now sounds like a proper bike bit but lord, it does! Ran it next to my dads zzr600 with micron cans and mine sounds soooo much better! :lol:

Pics tomorrow as I havn't the energy to whack all the fairings back on today.

Get the scorpion ;)

It's close between the Leo and the scorpion, although dealerships will tell you that the Leo offers a slight performance gain, where as the other pipes do not.

Those of you with R-125's, might be worth taking a look at www.onetwofives.com/forum

We're a new community dedicated to 4 stroke 125's, with most of us owning the R-125 so far. You'll also be able to find out some exclusive news about how to de-restrict your R-125 by a Yamaha tech who's found the restriction!

Obviously continue using this great forum aswell, but it's just for those of you with 125's as that is strictly what our forum caters for! :)

It's still in it's testing stages at the moment, but feel free to sign up, introduce yourself and discuss with other R-125 riders :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online