DT125RE OVERHEATING PLEASE HELP

flake_mon1
This post is 5663 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hello everyone,

I was wondering if anybody could help me identify the problem i have with my bike at the moment, once i have been riding around for like a minute the red light lights up and the bike starts to overheat im not sure weather it is an air block in the water pump, if the radiator has packed up, if it is the thermostat or the head gasket has gone does andybody have any idea how i would be able to tell what is wrong any help would be much appriciated thanks.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

is there any water in the radiator? might need topping up.

yeh it is full up to the right amount but im not sure if it is curculating the engine because when i ride it arter a while the water just starts boiling and the engine gets steaming hot . i think it is the thermostat or the water pump but im not sure hot to check

yeh it is full up to the right amount but im not sure if it is curculating the engine because when i ride it arter a while the water just starts boiling and the engine gets steaming hot . i think it is the thermostat or the water pump but im not sure hot to check

try chainging: the rad cap first of all as it may be closed permantly hence not letting the system de-pressurise if the problem stilll happens do the same to ther thermostat replace it...or you could take ur rad off and back flush it getting all built up deposits out it could be blocked..failing that check your pump

hope this helps

Sometimes if you look at a thermostat it will have stamped on it the temperature that it operates, heat a pan of water to higher than this temperature and drop it in, you should see it open up. Also if its goosed you may be able to run your bike without it fitted on a temporary basis while you get a new one.

try chainging: the rad cap first of all as it may be closed permantly hence not letting the system de-pressurise if the problem stilll happens do the same to ther thermostat replace it...or you could take ur rad off and back flush it getting all built up deposits out it could be blocked..failing that check your pump

hope this helps

thanks for your help mikey much appriciated .i will try to back flush the system first. the water pump is it electrical or mechanical?

Sometimes if you look at a thermostat it will have stamped on it the temperature that it operates, heat a pan of water to higher than this temperature and drop it in, you should see it open up. Also if its goosed you may be able to run your bike without it fitted on a temporary basis while you get a new one.

thanks for your help mate,after flushing out the system if it is still playing up i will have to try this idea on the thermostat

hi everyone, i took the radiator off flushed out the whole system, then i removed the thermostatic valve, i put it in a cup of boiling water and it didnt open so i am assuming that that was the problem (the thermostat not letting the water pass through hence leaving the water in the pipes to boil overheating the engine). I then put it all back together but the second i turned it on the red light was still on and stays on when i start it up, i went for a little ride it didnt overheat but the light stays on. i am thinking it may just be a faulty sensor, but i dont want to be riding it round if its overheating in case it goes BANG. Does anyone have any advice/ideas of what i should do. Im gona ride it for a bit more and see what hapens :D wish me luck lol

Sounded worse that it was :D

WTF??????

All Ive seen from this poster is useless comments, is it School hols or something? :angry:

Ive read loads of posts and they have all ended up with one useless comment after another from him, even years after the last post was made. Now I know why i went away from this site for awhile.......

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online