YBR125 Longish Distance

JUstinator
This post is 5669 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hello there,

Are you asking specifically for the YBR, or long distance in general ??

What are you calling long distance ? If you're new to biking I guess anything from 50 - 100 miles, personally anything over 1000 is a good ride!

i done 200 miles in a afternoon on my ybr

great fun, go for it mate

i once did 300 miles on an RXS 100 in one day. Small bikes can be tiring in that sense, i do that sort of mileage on my FZR1000 without thinking about it.

Should be easy enough, just unless it is vital, avoid motorways on a bike of that size if possible, as it is very tiresome riding a small bike on the m-way.

Also at this time of year, be aware you may get very cold over timne and you may not notice it. Wear appropriate gear

have fun 2

Did 120ish miles on a H*nda baby vara a few months back, had a great time and it was nice to get a few more miles than the daily commute under my belt. As above said, wear the right clothes and stop a couple times and you'll arrive with a big grin on yer face. Have to put another 300 miles on the clocks to break in my r125 and i'm thinking about doing it in one big lump, cant say my backs looking forward to it!

Did Guildford to Londonderry three times on an RXS100 when I started biking (about 20 years ago).

23 hours door to door, including 10 hours on the Liverpool ferry, first time.

(That was 6 months after buying the bike, no training (unless up and down in the car park behind the bike shop counts) and my mum found out about the bike when I pulled up in front of the house.. :blink:

3rd time was via Anglesey/Dublin, the A5 at 3am with 6V electrics wasn't a lot of fun...

A roads only (thanks to Leper plates).

Did 20K miles in 2 yrs on the RXS, my only form of transport at the time.

Advice?

Make sure you're warm and comfortable on any long distance run, and that the bike is in decent shape (esp chain tension and brakes). Usual criteria for riding any distance apply, correct tyre pressures and so on.

Stretch your legs every couple of hours.

Decent breakfast (hot, if possible) before setting off is a good idea too.

Helps if you're fit too, makes quite a difference on how long it takes aches to kick in...

Hey Everybody

I'm looking to do some longish distance riding on my YBR 125 ('bout 150miles). Has anyone got any experience of this in the past who can give some tips and advice.

Go for it!!! 2 years ago I did Lancashire (my house 20 miles north of Manchester) to John O'Groats and back including a ride around the whole of Scotland using all the coast roads!!! Around 2500 -3000 miles, Did it in ten days. YBR a reliable steady motor, take her steady, dont try to overtake too much as the little motor runs out of steam at 80mph., but also dont let car drivers push you into the kerb, YOU have just as much right to be on the road as everybody else!!

Sldsumday1-0007HometoLochLomand1.jpg

Sldday7-0010ERJOGroats.jpg

Just make sure you do your prechecks and lube the chain. Enjoy!!!

Gas up lets go.....What are you calling long distance ? If you're new to biking I guess anything from 50 - 100 miles, personally anything over 1000 is a good ride!
I agree!!!!!

personally anything over 1000 is a good ride!

Going to hopefully do my first big trip next year, brothers playing rugby in Italy so me and my dad plan to ride to lake garda to surprise him :D Just gotta get the bike test done and get something with a bit more grunt :lol:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online