Taking my CBT Test.

Charlie28
This post is 5683 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey Guys,

Ive booked to take my CBT Test on the 29th of November and just wondered if anyone had any tips or advice?

Ive also baught a Yamaha YZF R125, so i really dont want to fail!!

Once you past you CBT do they give you a certificate there and then? or do you have to wait for one to be sent to you?

Thanks,

Charlie

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Tips:

Read and understand the Highway Code before you do CBT.

Listen closely to what you are told. Take notes, if you like.

Do your best.

Enjoy the day.

Failure:

Compulsory Basic Training is exactly that - Training.

You cannot fail as there is no actual test as such.

You may have to repeat sections of it, but this is not a failure. It just means you haven't quite got the hang of it yet.

Certificate:

If you complete the training, you will be given a certificate (DL196, I think it's called) there and then, stamped and signed by the instructor.

to add to the above, make sure you have wet weather gear/ warm gear; november can be a funny month!

good luck and remember to report back!

Tips:

Read and understand the Highway Code before you do CBT.

Listen closely to what you are told. Take notes, if you like.

Do your best.

Enjoy the day.

Good advice, I'll follow that with this, Don't panic, stay clam, you will make mistakes and will be corrected, do what the man/woman says and enjoy...

Failure:

Compulsory Basic Training is exactly that - Training.

You cannot fail as there is no actual test as such.

You may have to repeat sections of it, but this is not a failure. It just means you haven't quite got the hang of it yet.

It's just there to give you the skills to survive long enough to start learning. You should know yourself well enough to know how to calm yourself down, thekey point is if you are geting flustered, take some time out and calm down, get back on the bike and ride!

Are you using your own bike?? might be better to use one of the schools bikes, the riding position will give you a better observational possition than the R125 and the agility will be a little better too (tighter turning circle) - and of course you don't want to drop your nice new sportsbike trying to master the figure of 8, or U-turn between the curbs....

Hey, good luck with the test! Make sure to not keep you hands on the breaks where un-nesicarry (I SOOO can't spell that)

And make sure that you bring your OWN gear, where possible.. also, keep a cool head, and accept criticism, my instructor kept yelling at me and complaining that his nan, with no arms could go faster than me... just don't take it personally

Prob the best B-Day prezzie i will ever have :D

Second best.

The best will be when your other half brings a friend along :D:rolleyes:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online